Greg Filbeck, CFA, FRM, CAIA

Does this guy do all of the L3 videos for Schweser? I’m up to study session 9 and he’s still hanging around. I don’t mind him but it might be nice to see a fresh face. Any opinions on this guy?

No clue…will not be touching the video CDs till April. Have to finish reading Schewser…more like start reading more heavily first… But I recall last year there was 3 of them who did the 16 CDs but one did like 85% of it…

He is not good at all. He doesnt get into the nitty gritty which hurts when taking the test.

Yeah, he does blow past some stuff pretty quickly. I’ve been using the CFAI books much more this year to fill in the holes in Schweser. There seems to be a lot less detail than in the Level I and II Schweser material.

he was also the lecturer for the FRM. I paid for this out of my own pocket, and have to say, it was a waste. Basically just covered what was in the notes, ugh

yeah its obvious when he doesn’t know about a topic since he just reads off the slides

i miss my boy andy holmes

dspapo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i miss my boy andy holmes Andy Holmes did a fantastic job with ethics!

No Andy Holmes on any L III vids? I haven’t cracked mine open yet, but did find them useful for specific topics on L I and II.

They are good for review. I have an extra set of DVDs for 2010 for sale. Let me know if anybody is interested.

Filbeck is a waste of time! You might as well read from the slides yourself! He is confusing and lacks ability to connect with his audience. I too miss my boy Andy Holmes. He’s the best! I wouldn’t have bought level 3 videos had I known Andy is not teaching.

Filbeck is a waste of time! You might as well read from the slides yourself! He is confusing and lacks ability to connect with his audience. He is an analyst not an academician. Teaching should be left to PhDs only. Speaking of PhDs, I too miss my boy Andy Holmes. He’s the best! I wouldn’t have bought level 3 videos had I known Andy is not teaching.

Has anyone decided to take the online videos instead of the CDs this year? The indexing is absolutley useuless!! It is broken down into lectures and doesnt even let you know what study session they relate to…at least with the CDs you got each LOS on the left hand side which you could click on to jump to a section. This in addition to the fact that they were nearly two months late!

Filbeck is a PhD.

That then gives a bad rep to the PhDs out there.