Growing up Russian

1)/2) This guy went every Sunday morning (i mean 8ish) with his buds, by noon or shortly after, we were each half a bottle deep (i was 21 at the time). Then you try to play pool and this guy puts pressure on you by wagering against his buddies. Good times lol.

1. owner knew the group as old schoolers so the heat was real even before the branches came out . But once the veniks were in play, i wanted to cry.

… then you keep wondering if he’s judging your grooming habits lol.

My mom hated those rugs with passion. I suspect “too poor” was just an excuse. I am with her.

The wall paper was fine but almost caused my parents to divorce when they were putting it up.

Banyas are the best but not with parents in law :slight_smile: And not for the faint of heart

Haha true. I am still not allowed to sit on the corner of the table.

It was when I left in early 2000s. Not sure how is it now, but I suspect it’s still pretty popular even with all the “anti-US” propaganda. But I could be wrong.

yikes

what exactly is a russian bath house? I always thought it was a front for a brothel but given your statement above i think i must be wrong, or that you found a keeper.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/31/nyregion/after-124-years-the-russian-and-turkish-baths-are-still-a-hot-spot.html?_r=0