GS and MS

Ok this may be me being silly… but is the market going to question the independent broker dealer model? which would mean runs on GS and MS…leading to more constrained liquidity…leading to further hammered share prices and mergers with banks/deposit taking institutions? or do you think they will survive through this?

The market has already choose who had to die. They survived the storm.

STI is in the green!

both down more than 10%

Hmmm GS starting to look somewhat appetizing…

hearing GS for WB out there, just tossing it out there, may be a wild one

nope, IB model has been broken. MS will be bought by a foreign bank and goldman will buy a bank (WB).

Gecco Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > nope, IB model has been broken. MS will be bought > by a foreign bank and goldman will buy a bank > (WB). I’ve read that too, but I don’t understand why MS has to go.

Crap the govt really has to step up to the plate, if they’re going to let good companies like GS and MS go down :frowning:

Dude they are taking the risk, they take the profits when things go right so why would the government pay up when things go wrong?

MS is down hard again pre market, I am hearing bad rumors on this one here, guys…time to pull up the filings

GS earning down by 70%…shares down by 8% in pre-market trading

MS is down by 13% in pre-market trading…

buddies @ MS are freaking out!!!

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > buddies @ MS are freaking out!!! I am really worried as well for MS… waiting for FED and market to open

wow, ms down almost 25% http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssFinancialServicesAndRealEstateNews/idUSN1751866920080917

35%, crazy

GS under $100 soon

11 and 24$ down…what is going on? I guess these traders and hedge Funds are spreading rumors and making banks on shorting!!!

I don’t know why the SEC hasn’t implemented the naked short ban and uptick rules as an emergency precaution. Crazy. Time to buy some MS and GS puts.