GS at $50 or less

Can that happen?

What do posts like this accomplish?

I dont know. Chad should look into a rule where each user can only start one thread in general discussion per day. Quality of general discussion is falling faster than the market itself (not that I bring a whole lot to the table but sometimes observing more experienced people can pay off instead spewing garbage).

I agree, I post some pretty worthless stuff… but usually in replies to GD topics.

Who are all you people!!

Aren’t we all bounded by CFA code of ethics? No baseless claim, not spreading rumor? Come on!!

CFA Code…hahaha. Another brilliant work by these geeks in Virginia. BTW, where were they when this whole meltdown was starting LAST YEAR? Willy

Mr.Good.Guy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Who are all you people!! What do you mean “YOU people?”

Actually, it is impossible. The secretary of the Treasury is a significant GS share holder and has introduced an expansion of the current short-selling rules that would automatically expand the scope of the rules. If GS dips below 70, short-selling of Goldman is not allowed. If GS dips below 60, selling of GS is not allowed. The Bush Administration believes that weakening GS equity prices can have a chilling effect on our fragile coalition fighting global terrrersm.

> The secretary of the Treasury is a significant GS share holder I thought Hank cashed out when he switched. (GS allows immediate vesting of interest when an officer transitions into public service.)

The rest of the post is BS too, actually.

I think GS will go private if they think markets continue to be insanely irrational. There was talk yesterday that GS was thinking of adopting the legacy Ibanking model of little leverage.

Oops – sorry you’re right I’m a bit humor-impaired at the moment.

sid3699 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think GS will go private if they think markets > continue to be insanely irrational. They already knew that markets are irrational, it’s actually the reason they make money.

sid3699 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think GS will go private if they think markets > continue to be insanely irrational. > Why are markets being insanely irrational? Seems to me that there are lots of really big events happening. It also seems to me that GS just went public 7 or 8 years ago. Taking it private doesn’t seem to accomplish much here. > There was talk yesterday that GS was thinking of > adopting the legacy Ibanking model of little > leverage. Excellent. Maybe they can try to unwind all the leveraged positions on their balance sheet. I hear that there are lots of buyers out there. In fact, maybe they can compete at unloading this stuff with LEH, AIG, etc…

Just touched $87. Wow

Wow. do you guys think a Wells Fargo acquisition would make sense?

DarienHacker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > The secretary of the Treasury is a significant > GS share holder > > I thought Hank cashed out when he switched. (GS > allows immediate vesting of interest when an > officer transitions into public service.) There are pretty strict rules as to what a Treasury secretary can hold in his portfolio. As an added bonus, I’m pretty sure you get an exemption from federal capital gains tax if you are required to sell investments as a prerequisite to joining the president’s cabinet. That’s pretty handy if you have millions of unrealized gains.

In Goldman Sachs we trust http://www.business24-7.ae/Articles/2008/9/Pages/09182008_79371c8bea214719bf4f51c1ee0e1c9e.aspx

Bump.