GS testimony

Levin just r@ped sparks. Ouch!

fabfab is getting r@ped

Not really, I think they are holding up (blocking) pretty good. I think these guys have amazing composure, strategy, coaching and probably practice. Why are there 3000 page binders up there? Can’t they use a tablet or a laptop?

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > fabfab is getting r@ped It’s good for him to get accustomed now. There will be a lot more of that in prison.

swisira Wrote: > Why are there 3000 page binders up there? Can’t > they use a tablet or a laptop? Printouts of thousands of email they exchanged in last 3-4 years

These Senators really have no clue. What a fucking joke.

TripARated Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > These Senators really have no clue. What a > fucking joke. Why? Because you don’t believe this investigation merits discussion?

The role of all market participants in the financial crisis should certainly be discussed. What’s a joke is the knowledge level of the Senators asking these ridiculous questions.

they don’t need to know about the securities to understand business practice they are doing a good job of bending these guys over on how they tried to game every part of the business, though

why shouldn’t they ask questions? Just because you have read a few CFA books does not make these questions stupid.

But they don’t even understand the business practice. They don’t understand the matched book principle. They also seem to view going short the market as morally reprehensible. It’s troubling that they seem to view anyone who was short the housing market in 2007 as unethical, fraudulent, and unpatriotic.

TripARated Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > But they don’t even understand the business > practice. They don’t understand the matched book > principle. > > They also seem to view going short the market as > morally reprehensible. It’s troubling that they > seem to view anyone who was short the housing > market in 2007 as unethical, fraudulent, and > unpatriotic. No they view securitizing stated income loans, passing them off as excellent investments to investors and then proceeding to short the heck out of them as unethical, fraudulent, and unpatriotic.

well if they don’t understand something than Blankfein and Fab can explain it right?

My favorite line so far (referring to the email where Montag called a set of mortgage-linked investments sold by his firm “one shi**y deal,) Senator inquires about that statement Montag responds along the lines of “Well I think the context of that statement was that I was referring to the shi**y deal I had done in selling them, not the actual mortgages themselves” Could these guys be any more full of BS? I guess that’s what I should expect.

haha. At least they are good at lying. Let’s see they bring out of them by the end of the day.

Look at swenson’s face. No answer

guess what… when you bought that shi**y 70$ call option on CROX a couple years ago the market maker was hedged. Thats the whole JOB of a market maker!

This is getting nowhere. The senators haven’t a clue how the markets function. This one senator wants brokers to disclose their entire position in a security when a client transacts???

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > they don’t need to know about the securities to > understand business practice > > they are doing a good job of bending these guys > over on how they tried to game every part of the > business, though Yes, but you need to understand the business before you can question their practice. You can see these senators at a loss for words when hit with words like market making and asking why goldman doesn’t reveal the counter-party to each trade.

Silly legislature trying to represent the people. How do they think they can look out for the public asking questions about something they dont know? They should just leave the policing of wall street to themselves because they are the only ones who understand themselves. What the heck kind of country to we live in when the legislature tries to investigate possible fraud perpetrated on the populace?