Guys, keep the CFA name sharp!!!

For those of you who study your CFA material in public, we need to keep our knowledge sharp at all time! I was doing some studying in a Barnes and Noble this afternoon. A group of finance student (I found out that later) was doing their school work. I guess they saw my stack of CFAI books and my HP financial calculator, so one of them approached me and asked if I knew something about finance. I said “I do, what can I do for you?”. So he asked me if I can help him to solve a problem. I was like “damn, I wish I said no”. He then show me this problem, the problem asked to calculate the DEAR value. What the hell is DEAR!!! I begin to sweat, I didn’t want them to think I am some jacka** showing off CFA books. Then I read the problem, DEAR stands for Daily Earning At Risk===>>>>VAR!!! Luckily I knew how to do that. Anyway, helped him solved the problem and walked away before he can ask me some other harder questions. Guys! Keep your knowledge sharp, you will never know when you will need them…beside during work!!!

Yeah, that’s why when I saw a cute, sweet girl reading CFA level 2 material in the library last Saturday, I did not walk up to her to introduce myself, a CFA charterholder…

I wonder if anyone in history has picked up a girl that way?

3weeks Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yeah, that’s why when I saw a cute, sweet girl > reading CFA level 2 material in the library last > Saturday, I did not walk up to her to introduce > myself, a CFA charterholder… Cute, sweet girl doing the CFA…such a rarity

Cute, sweet girl doing the CFA…such a rarity - I guess, but I knew one and she was a real slut too.