Hair Transplant

I think you have to get your swole or adrian brody on if you’re bald - bald big dudes isn’t a good look for anybody.

When is the average age for men to go gray, btw?

jcole21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think you have to get your swole or adrian brody > on if you’re bald - bald big dudes isn’t a good > look for anybody. Yeah, I had to go with the shave pretty early, but it works for me and gives me incentive to stay in good shape. Once you do it, you pretty much know if it will work or not and if yes you get used to it pretty fast.

bromion Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > When is the average age for men to go gray, btw? 19 for me, really started coming on at 21.

Hair is always greater than bald (Jason Statham is an exception).

^ Vin Diesel? Steve Austin? Daughtry?

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bromion Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > When is the average age for men to go gray, > btw? > > > 19 for me, really started coming on at 21. Wow, that is young. Is it hereditary? I started waaaaay past 30 and I have a limited amount confined to the temples. Nothing that a touch of sandy blond Just for Men can’t sort out to get it back to natural every 2-3 months.

bromion Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > When is the average age for men to go gray, btw? The first are now appearing at 40 for me.

Muddahudda Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ASSet_MANagement Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > bromion Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > When is the average age for men to go gray, > > btw? > > > > > > 19 for me, really started coming on at 21. > > > Wow, that is young. Is it hereditary? I started > waaaaay past 30 and I have a limited amount > confined to the temples. Nothing that a touch of > sandy blond Just for Men can’t sort out to get it > back to natural every 2-3 months. Grandpa is 80 and is salt and pepper (more salt). Dad is 45 and is going grey on the sideburns. I’m the outlier.

Your whole family is getting older earlier with each generation. Your son will be Benjamin Button, mark my words… sorry bout that.

Muddahudda Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Your whole family is getting older earlier with > each generation. Your son will be Benjamin Button, > mark my words… sorry bout that. Good thing im not gonna have kids for another 20. By then they’ll have found the cure for everything. Like love.

I’m eyeing up the transplant. Got the receding hairline pretty major at 26. Bald / shaved is not a look I want, it makes a huge difference in your ability to pull girls from bars. I don’t get how grey is a problem for people, worst case scenario, have your hair dyed or darkened when you get it done. Nobody will ever be able to tell, my old barber used to do it and I never noticed until he told me. Cost for transplant will probably be 8-15k, which is pricey, but I’m not overly concerned about. Major cons that concern me: 1) There’s a significant time period where your head will look like a war zone in the months following the surgery. Not sure how long this lasts or extensive this is. 2) Scar(s) on back of head where hair was sourced from. Don’t want weird ass permanent scars, not sure how noticeable they will be. 3) Quality / fullness of hairline following surgery. This one I’m also not sure on since I don’t know many transplant patients and am concerned about because that sh!t’s permanent. Bottom line, I’m incredibly fit, just ran a 50 mile ultra last weekend, do a lot of whitewater kayaking, rock climbing, etc, 400 push ups and 50 pull ups daily, so I don’t have a terrible look going, but the hair is bugging me out - at the same time, I don’t want to f*ck up the whole gig with a bad transplant.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m eyeing up the transplant. Got the receding > hairline pretty major at 26. Bald / shaved is not > a look I want, it makes a huge difference in your > ability to pull girls from bars. I don’t get how > grey is a problem for people, worst case scenario, > have your hair dyed or darkened when you get it > done. Nobody will ever be able to tell, my old > barber used to do it and I never noticed until he > told me. > > Cost for transplant will probably be 8-15k, which > is pricey, but I’m not overly concerned about. > > Major cons that concern me: > > 1) There’s a significant time period where your > head will look like a war zone in the months > following the surgery. Not sure how long this > lasts or extensive this is. > > 2) Scar(s) on back of head where hair was sourced > from. Don’t want weird ass permanent scars, not > sure how noticeable they will be. > > 3) Quality / fullness of hairline following > surgery. This one I’m also not sure on since I > don’t know many transplant patients and am > concerned about because that sh!t’s permanent. > > Bottom line, I’m incredibly fit, just ran a 50 > mile ultra last weekend, do a lot of whitewater > kayaking, rock climbing, etc, 400 push ups and 50 > pull ups daily, so I don’t have a terrible look > going, but the hair is bugging me out - at the > same time, I don’t want to f*ck up the whole gig > with a bad transplant. Have you tried the bald look? Sounds like you’ve got your herschel walker going on, you might look bada$$ bald. I don’t know much about the transplants - have you tried rogaine and that type of stuff? That’s where I’d start.

BS, I’m 29 and went through pretty much the same thing as you a few years ago. I evaluated the options and settled on just shaving it. You should give it a try and if you hate it it will grow back. It is necessary to get some sun, but other than that you will have a pretty good idea of whether it is a look that will work for you. It is important to be fit. I have continued to get girls (not AM numbers, but like 5 in the last 9 months, a mixture of serial dating and bar hookups) and the quality may have actually increased slightly. For some reason, in the past few years I’ve ended up getting girls that are not white, whereas before that was not the case…go figure. I think natural generally makes you feel better and makes you more attractive. Most girls (at least the ones I go for) aren’t into plastic vanity.

jcole21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Have you tried the bald look? Sounds like you’ve > got your herschel walker going on, you might look > bada$$ bald. I don’t know much about the > transplants - have you tried rogaine and that type > of stuff? That’s where I’d start. Agree. It might look weird the first couple of days but if you’re Herschel Walker fit sounds like the way to go.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Bottom line, I’m incredibly fit, just ran a 50 > mile ultra last weekend, do a lot of whitewater > kayaking, rock climbing, etc, 400 push ups and 50 > pull ups daily, I agree with whatever he says from here on in…

+1 on shaving. Sounds like you’re a ripped badass. Just do this. Buy a leather vest. Invest in a crossbow. Shave your head. Ride motorcycle with leather vest (no shirt) and crossbow with aviators. Profit.

I’m not going bald but I shave my head once a week because it’s low maintenance. I’ve got better things to do than mess with my hair. I actually didn’t cut my hair for a year before I decided to shave it off. I’ll never go back.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m eyeing up the transplant. Got the receding > hairline pretty major at 26. Bald / shaved is not > a look I want, it makes a huge difference in your > ability to pull girls from bars. I don’t get how > grey is a problem for people, worst case scenario, > have your hair dyed or darkened when you get it > done. Nobody will ever be able to tell, my old > barber used to do it and I never noticed until he > told me. > > Cost for transplant will probably be 8-15k, which > is pricey, but I’m not overly concerned about. > > Major cons that concern me: > > 1) There’s a significant time period where your > head will look like a war zone in the months > following the surgery. Not sure how long this > lasts or extensive this is. > > 2) Scar(s) on back of head where hair was sourced > from. Don’t want weird ass permanent scars, not > sure how noticeable they will be. > > 3) Quality / fullness of hairline following > surgery. This one I’m also not sure on since I > don’t know many transplant patients and am > concerned about because that sh!t’s permanent. > > Bottom line, I’m incredibly fit, just ran a 50 > mile ultra last weekend, do a lot of whitewater > kayaking, rock climbing, etc, 400 push ups and 50 > pull ups daily, so I don’t have a terrible look > going, but the hair is bugging me out - at the > same time, I don’t want to f*ck up the whole gig > with a bad transplant. 50 pullups in one go? wtf… even at my best i could do 25 or so MAX. 50 is nice

BS - check out hasan and wong From what i`ve heard they are supposed to be among the very best in the world. They operate out of Vancouver and Seattle I think.