Hair Transplant

murders&executions Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > I actually didn’t cut my hair for a year before I > decided to shave it off. I’ll never go back. Huh? What is your job such that they let you do this? I take it you’re not in a customer-facing role…

Csk - 2 sets of 25, not one of 50 HH, thanks I’ll look into it

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Csk - 2 sets of 25, not one of 50 What is your max # of reps for pushups? How long have you been training? Impressive stats, especially the ultra.

Not really sure what my max pushup reps are, once I hit 100 reps / set I just started adding sets. Started working out again in June after a year off.

does anybody think push ups are overrated? you can never do enough weight to hit your 3-5rep max. push ups at the end of the day is an endurance exercise and not for strengthenging. Handstand pushup are another story though.

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Invest in a crossbow. Really universal advice to any problem you face…buy a crossbow.

BiPolarBoyBoston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > does anybody think push ups are overrated? > > you can never do enough weight to hit your 3-5rep > max. push ups at the end of the day is an > endurance exercise and not for strengthenging. > Handstand pushup are another story though. I think it depends on your body type and what your goals are. If you want to be ripped but not necessarily huge, push ups are a great exercise. If you’re trying to look like Ahnold, then you better use free weights. If you’re Herschel Walker and do 2,000+ push ups per day, then you can have your cake and eat it too. Personally, I get much better results with push ups than lifting, but I’m not trying to get huge so that makes sense.

BiPolarBoyBoston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > does anybody think push ups are overrated? > > you can never do enough weight to hit your 3-5rep > max. push ups at the end of the day is an > endurance exercise and not for strengthenging. > Handstand pushup are another story though. no, i love them. i finish my workout by doing sets of 50, 30 and 20 diamond. not only do they work your arms, but your shoulders, back and core. if you think they’re too easy try changing your hand positions or style.

Speaking of hair, how much does it cost to remove backhair by laser treatment? I don’t have a lot, but would rather have nothing at all.

^ Relevant post to Analyst Forum and the investment trade, thank you for your contribution and for making me throw up a little this morning. The formula you desire = $100/sq inch x thickness coefficient.

If you want to look ripped like sprinter I think they do work on their absolute strength on their bench no way you can get enough resistence just by doing regular push ups. I use to do 100 of them in a row back when I was in high school and I was only 135pounds without any abs!

In my opinion it is good to do push ups (all bodyweight stuff is good), lift heavy, jump rope, run, play sports, etc. The only thing I actually think is pointless for most people are isolation exercises (one arm tricep extensions anyone?) that could be worked in a more major move that would stimulate more growth hormone, testosterone and generally be more useful in life.

Planning on taking up pushups. How many sets/reps per set/rest time between sets do you guys do?

The reason I go with push ups is because I kayak and do distance running. In neither is it beneficial to be overly stocky, gotta be balanced strong. Also, with the sports I do, I am more likely to have to repeat a motion many times at a moderate level of resistance than several power moves like benching would mimic. Most importantly though, my whole workout is built around not paying gym fees. Hence I run, do pull ups and push ups. Shintre, I’m not sure what to tell you, I think reps / sets / rest time are going to vary drastically from person to person. You just kind of have to start and see where you get. For me, when I was starting I figured out what my total # was basically until exhaustion. So say the original number was 300, this might mean I did 80, then 80 again, then 60, then 40, then 30, then 10 if I had to to reach my goal. Over time, I built up from there until I could snap off 4 sets of 100 while watching TV without really thinking about it too much. If the push ups aren’t central to your workout, I like to do sets during commercials. That way I can go home and watch TV while cleaning my apt or whatever and not feel bad about it, because I’ll be snapping off a set every commercial break.

An Update: Just put a deposit down for the hair transplant. The estimate is that I’ll need 2,500 grafts to pretty much have a full head of hair (not doing the crown right now). At $4/graft I’m looking at 10k. Interesting the hair transplant guy said the biggest concern men have is that they think they are being vain . I kind of feel the same way- 10k to have my hair back??? wtf. But I am looking at this sort of an investment- both personal and professional- so no it’s not vain. btw- the grafts are taken from the back or sides of the head where the hair is more or less genetically permanent (not sensitive to the chemical (DHT) that causes baldness the way it hair is at top or crown)

It’s all about models and bottles!

No!! You can’t be serious. Don’t do it. Bald is better. Work on your charisma and general charm instead, that’s a better investment… who cares if you’re bald if you’re a nice guy. Edit: Better to invest in a kayak and to do some distance running, that’s a sure-fire way to become popular among up girls. That will also turn you into a nice guy…

k-calculi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No!! You can’t be serious. Don’t do it. Bald is > better. Work on your charisma and general charm > instead, that’s a better investment… who cares > if you’re bald if you’re a nice guy. > > Edit: Better to invest in a kayak and to do some > distance running, that’s a sure-fire way to become > popular among up girls. That will also turn you > into a nice guy… +1! who care if you ugly or not, if you got money you can make it rain!

The transplant guy is only interested in ripping you off, probably, and separate you from your money. To achieve that he’ll tell you anything you want to hear. I haven’t seen a good-looking guy who has just done a hair transplant, but I have seen many good-looking bald ones… Example: Maz Jobrani

Make sure you thoroughly check out the guy’s track record. I wouldn’t worry about being vain. If it’s something that bothers you, go for it.