Half of it is 90% mental

I feel like so much of the exam is being calm and collected during the actual exam and not freaking out if you feel like you are missing questions, studied the wrong things… anyone have any good techniques for the “mental” aspect of passing???

You gotta be bad you gotta be bold you gotta be wiserrr You gotta be hard you gotta be tough you gotta be strongerrrrr You gotta be cool you gotta be calm you gotta stay togetherrrrr All I know All I know - AF will save the dayyyyy

LOLLLLLLLL… seriously losing my mind at this point, thanks for the laugh! :slight_smile:

to continue in music… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGXdXcpNsv4

Yes, here’s my technique (it actually worked for me) I Remind myself of 4 things: 1) I did my best to study 2) There is nothing more I can do 3) Either way, at 5pm on test day this will be over and I’ll be home re-acquainting myself with my wife and daughter 4) When I get my score, this pain will be 2 months behind me, and maybe by then I won’t even care.

so about 45%?

relax and have fun

Smarshy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yes, here’s my technique (it actually worked for > me) > > I Remind myself of 4 things: > 1) I did my best to study > 2) There is nothing more I can do > 3) Either way, at 5pm on test day this will be > over and I’ll be home re-acquainting myself with > my wife and daughter > 4) When I get my score, this pain will be 2 months > behind me, and maybe by then I won’t even care. number 4 is doubtful, but i like this a lot.

Said from a guy that has no chance of failing. :slight_smile: (maratikus) No seriously I agree. I found myself getting chippy with my kids the other day because I was so stressed. I had to step away and say is this really worth it? I am going to put in the time I can and see what happens. Don’t let this thing define you.

I know, am trying to remind myself of that but it’s hard when there is so much riding on passing this thing!! Thanks smarshy, that was awesome.

Half of it is 90% mental? There have done studies on this on this you know. 40% of the time it holds every time.

mwvt, I think all of us have a really good chance of passing. 70% is not that high. AF members are better prepared than most CFA candidates. During Level I exam I was sitting next to a girl who took Stalla classes. We briefly talked during the break and I asked her if she heard about AF. She said she went there once but was intimidated by the level of everyone there. AF members are much better prepared than other candidates and all of us have a pretty good chance to pass.

You need to give 110%. Which is physically impossible. So if 50% of you give at least 75%, then I guarantee you 100% that only 40% of you will pass.

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Smarshy Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Yes, here’s my technique (it actually worked > for > > me) > > > > I Remind myself of 4 things: > > 1) I did my best to study > > 2) There is nothing more I can do > > 3) Either way, at 5pm on test day this will be > > over and I’ll be home re-acquainting myself > with > > my wife and daughter > > 4) When I get my score, this pain will be 2 > months > > behind me, and maybe by then I won’t even care. > > > > number 4 is doubtful, but i like this a lot. I’ll admit #4 is a bit of a stretch. But I really do think that the time before we get our scores is a blessing, because it does somewhat dull the pain a bit. Imagine if you got your score at the end of the day on test day and you failed… I bet there would be breakdowns all over the place, fights, mayhem. 60 days or so to cool your jets and reintroduce yourself to yourself goes a long way. I may still care if I passed, but I’d be willing to bet I’ll care LESS than I would on exam day.

very very true Smarshy! are you into psychology?

In my previous life I was into lots of things. Now I’m into receiver swaptions and FRA’s.

I believe the quote is: “90% of the game is half mental” -John Madden Classic…

With the exception of ethics I am going to be using mainly secret sauce and answer explanations for book 6. From this point on I think the best strategy is to avoid getting lost in minutia and to not make stupid mistakes. Also, be calm during guessing. Case in point I just did an item set for Exam 1 afternoon on corporate governance and I felt like the questions were very vague. By trusting my intuition I got 5/6 on this item set.

Yeah… but minutiae can get you points… like knowing a random definition of something… you have to fight for every point! I agree w/ you on trusting your intuition - good to keep that in mind.

Only 45% of the test is mental? What topic area is physical? Shoot…I knew I should be spending more time in the gym instead of studying. Turns out I’ve been studying for the wrong test!