Hand shaking question

d

bostonkev Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > chrismaths Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Just be careful if executing the combo that you > > grab the hand rather than anything else. > > What if the interviewer grabs “your” something > else? > > Do you just continue on as if nothing happened? I guess you have to reciprocate (cultural differences and all)

bostonkev Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > chrismaths Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Just be careful if executing the combo that you > > grab the hand rather than anything else. > > What if the interviewer grabs “your” something > else? > > Do you just continue on as if nothing happened? Either ways you are in the money :slight_smile: If the interviewer grabbing your THING was intentional then all you do is smile and the jobs is yours. If its was not intentional then just threten to slap a sexual harasment case unless you get the job… win win… I like it… I think next time ill just missdirect my THING towards their hand just to improve my chances…

HooYaa, that was your 69th post…lol. > I think next time ill just missdirect my THING > towards their hand just to improve my chances… Anyways, if getting the job relies on this type of accident…I am naturally built to get the very next job I interview for without even trying… :stuck_out_tongue:

AudioSolvay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bostonkev Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > chrismaths Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Just be careful if executing the combo that > you > > > grab the hand rather than anything else. > > > > What if the interviewer grabs “your” something > > else? > > > > Do you just continue on as if nothing happened? > > I guess you have to reciprocate (cultural > differences and all) This is not something I would like to think about right now - Two people standing in the lobby shaking each others THING… I guess I could live with it if there are some minor adjustments to the situation and they are both females :slight_smile: … I apologise … but its thursday and I need to keep myself awake somehow…

I’m not comfortable with the fact that my future interviewer would need to use both hands to adequately "shake MY ‘hand.’ " I’m lol-ing as I write this…

thinking about it a bit more…I also think that this form of “handshaking” might be superior because: 1. it serves to build a deep trust at the beginning of the meeting 2. furthermore, it gives a VERY good reason to treat the other party with respect…because if you don’t…there could potentially be a very painful or debilitating “handshaking” at the end of the meeting

I would stop thinking and just go with the flow. It’s nerdy if you think about stuff like that.

How about moving one level up and going for the embrace? As your lips are next to the interviewer’s earlobe, direct a stream of hot air towards the earlobe and whisper ‘Finally we meet, Mr. …’.

u’re putting too much emphasis on these minor details. I’m sure your experience and your qualifications means a lot more than a hand shake. Especially after 15 interviews for the same position, as long as you don’t slap your interviewer, you should be fine.