Handlebar mustache / bschool visits

I’m trying to figure out what to do with my mustache when I go on school visits, andI’m hoping you guys can share your opinions option one is what i’ve been planning to do, which is to keep the handlebar but don’t wax it so it kinda blends into my beard. it kinda looks like jamie from mythbusters option two is to wax it up and stick out from the crowd - for better or worse option three is to trim it down and blend it into my beard like I used to have it before i started growing it out option four is to be a conformist and shave it all off and finally see my cheeks for the first time in a couple years. anyone have any thoughts on this?

If you have interviews during your visits, then I suppose shave it off or present yourself the way you would during a job interview. Otherwise keep it however you want.

I’d just leave it…it’s part of who you are. And on a school visit, nobody cares. Really.

Your shower shoes have fungus on them. You’ll never make it to the bigs with fungus on your shower shoes. Think classy, you’ll be classy. If you win 20 in the show, you can let the fungus grow back and the press’ll think you’re colorful. Until you win 20 in the show, however, it means you are a slob. Once you’ve made as much as Jon Corzine you can grow some facial hair.

DarienHacker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Once you’ve made as much as Jon Corzine you can > grow some facial hair. Dress for the job you want, not the one you have? Grow beard -> ??? -> become GS CEO -> Profit!

Honestly, I tried to formulate some advice, but have nothing to offer. I simply could not wrap my head around the psyche that would grow a mustache to begin with, much less a handlebar mustache.

I dare you to go with one side shaved

I say show up with the “Jimmy McMillan”. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4o-TeMHys0

Dude, shave - if not for business school, then for the future of your career. “Be yourself” is sometimes not practical advice. For instance, I need to wear dress clothes to work and not my Ninja Turtles pajamas. Some personal appearance conventions are just unavoidable.

CardShark Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I say show up with the “Jimmy McMillan”. > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4o-TeMHys0 I wish…

I always go with “be yourself.” Unless people hate you, then you should try to be someone else.