Happy Birthday Taiwan

Not birthday. Oct 10 is the day the WuTang uprising chucked the Ching dynamo in teh dirt :bulb:. So, related in tha the WuTang lead to the formation of the ROC, but not exactly synominous.

RTHK News (from Hong Kong) interviews Canadian Dr. Bruce Aylward, the World Health Organization’s top emergency official leading an international team of experts against the coronavirus

The WHO may be busy dealing with the pandemic, but they still have time to pretend that Taiwan doesn’t exist

Taiwan is part of the country called China. Fact.

It’s like calling California a country. The ignorance is astounding. :man_facepalming:t3:

China is one ****** up place, Taiwan far superior

china’s claims. i think it has a best shot with hong kong as that is agreed upon. then taiwan, as most of them are really just rebels from the former republic of china (much like southern states in the civil war), then its singapore (as most are really just chinese).
with that said. china cant do ■■■■. if we went to war. china would get beaten again and lose all its economic power which has a shot at being number 1.

The indigenous Taiwanese (Formosans or the Gāoshān people) are a distinct ethnic group. They deserve their own country, ruled by indigenous Taiwanese, not ruled by the chi-comms and not ruled by the Kuomintang.

When doing my masters, i had a few classmates from China and Taiwan. One of the lecturers didn’t fully grasb the tension between the countries and kept asking the Taiwanese students stuff like ”How do you Chinese people view this topic…” and every time one of them yelled back ”We’re not Chinese; we’re from Taiwan!!!”

Yeah except California’s per capita gdp isn’t 3-4x bigger than the rest of the US. Taiwan is a developed country while China only dreams of some day reaching Taiwan’s level.

but if they did go to war mano y mano. taiwan would be nothing. no amount of gdp per capita will save them from china. i have cousins who are half taiwanese, and they dont care about the distinction. thats prolly cuz they grew up in the philippines though.

why cant we all be friends?

1 Like

Taiwan per capita gdp is 21k.

China is around 10k

China is gonna catch up in the next decade and then obliterate it.

Taiwan is a strange country in that nominally it is nesr Chile but PPP it is nesr the first world. Must be some very unique policies and price controls over there

This implies China would grow GDP ~7% annually over the next decade. No one is projecting that. Maybe in 20-30 years…

taiwanese press describes how china fought the virus in wuhan

I hope that story is fake news

lies prolly. 1 minute its about how their records are fake. the next minute they succeded so well because they burned everyone.
in resident evil to contain the t virus they nuked raccoon city. that was prolly a more effective way.