Harvard VS University Des Moines ?

jalmy8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > HoldSide, > > If you were paying attention you would realize > that Des Moines was used as an example. I do realize this, however I’m curious as to why anyone would use an obscure pseudo med school as an example in a thread about business schools. If this were a thread about medical schools I sure wouldn’t use Thunderbird as an example.

I have seen two people get fired from the investment teams I’ve been on, both were top MBA’s and both were super smart. I’ll let you figure out why they hit the street.

commstudent Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The Harvard guy got into one of the most desirable > schools out there which most likely means he was > top of his year in HS, most likely valedictorian, > top SAT scores, etc…the other guy would need > something equally great to be looked at > comparably. I don’t understand all the bitterness > toward the top Ivies. Not everyone that goes to > Harvard is old money…I know a few Ivy alumni and > they’re all brilliant. what if he was simply a legacy, which a surprising number of graduates from ivies are. i mean george bush got into yale with c- grades.

Eh I’m going to get a lot of flack for this post too but what the hell. I don’t give a shit where the heck you graduate (pardon my language). You know what…I graduated #1 in my class within my major (Finance) at a decent college (avg. SAT’s around 1300). My experience trying to get a job in NY was PAINFUL. I’ve heard it all… . “you know what kid you didn’t graduate harvard…” etc. I can guarantee that I would own half of those snooty Ivy League types. You know why - because I want it more than they do. My daddy didn’t send me to school in the Mercedes…I earned mine I don’t buy it. The fact that someone can’t ace a standardized test doesn’t means that they are less qualified than a candidate that can. It’s all work ethic and passion.