Has anyone taken these classes?

http://www4.gsb.columbia.edu/valueinvesting/coursesfaculty/curriculum#

I have not, but I requested to take an M&A B-School class there and was denied. Not sure if you can take it if you are not in the B-School.

My cousin used to teach the applied value investing class… don’t think that can get you in it though

You can just buy the book instead: http://www.amazon.com/Value-Investing-Graham-Buffett-Finance/dp/0471463396/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1225478924&sr=8-1

Good post, I have read that book a couple of times now and also highly recommend it. I guess I should have been a little more specific, who has taken these classes in the MBA program?

I’ve taken a few. What’s your question?

projectplatnyc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have not, but I requested to take an M&A > B-School class there and was denied. Not sure if > you can take it if you are not in the B-School. If this happens to you, you just show up at class and ask the professor who probably doesn’t give a darn. “Professor, do you have room in your class and do you mind if I take it?” “Sure, come and enjoy” and s/he doesn’t know if you are registered. Then after you ace the first test, go to the registrar who will give you s%^t. Then the registrar calls the professor who says, “Sign him up and don’t bother me again”. The registrar then signs you up. It works…

Darien: Awesome, I have a few actually. Mind if I email you or msn? Thanks very much.

or if your prefer my email, djaliman at shaw dot ca

u can simply walk onto campus?

Sure… I had a student years ago who used this trick to get admitted to college. This guy had been a bad kid and went to Rahway prison for 7 years after a really lackluster high school career. He actually got rehabilitated in prison (also tatooed a lot). He simply showed up at Lafayette College, started taking classes using above gambit, aced his first tests, got admitted as a part time student, aced the classes, then got admitted as a full time student, and then graduated four years later summa cum laude. He also has pictures of me in a hot tub with a 13 year old so I have to say nice things about him.