Has proper use of institute marks been discussed on this forum?

I see so many people on this forum with the three letters in their forum screen name: at the front, in common letters, the list of potential violations goes on. I say potential because I am not an authority on the subject. Everyone on this forum is prepared to help fellow candidates and members. You see it in the fact that an email from the institute gets sent at 2:05pm and Analyst forum members are on here posting details of that email 5 minutes later. This to me indicates we do care about the community in general and the value of the designation itself. Why then would we use the trademark in ways which ultimately dilute brand power? Even if you follow the letter of the law in your analyst forum behavior, why not follow the spirit?

Do you have such a lack of common sense and humor that when you see something like “CFABLACKBELT” or “CF_AHHHHHHHH” you want to go whine and try to stop it? Wahhh wahhhh wahhh, your lack of spirit following is diluting my brand!!! I hope I’m never forced to work with you. Go away.

“Has proper use of institute marks been discussed on this forum?” Never. Instead we focus all of our energy helping some Twan sap launch his L1 failure complaints all the way to John Rogers of the CFAI. Matters of substance on AF, never!

IAR, I hope I never have to hire you. Cause I won’t.

you only need to worry about it when you officially use it.

sdot Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I see so many people on this forum with the three > letters in their forum screen name: at the front, > in common letters, the list of potential > violations goes on. I say potential because I am > not an authority on the subject. > > Everyone on this forum is prepared to help fellow > candidates and members. You see it in the fact > that an email from the institute gets sent at > 2:05pm and Analyst forum members are on here > posting details of that email 5 minutes later. > This to me indicates we do care about the > community in general and the value of the > designation itself. > > Why then would we use the trademark in ways which > ultimately dilute brand power? > Even if you follow the letter of the law in your > analyst forum behavior, why not follow the spirit? I guess what you see here is also a reflection of real finance world. There is always huge difference between professional ethics and real world ethics.We,as chartholder,need to discipline ourselves to comply with the highest standards,no doubt. But on this forum,I guess lots of them are stressed out by the exam and waiting time,etc and they need to sometimes joke around just to let out their depression. So relax and look at this with your sense of humor.

Why ~so~ seerriiioouuusss~~~

sdot Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I see so many people on this forum with the three > letters in their forum screen name: at the front, > in common letters, the list of potential > violations goes on. I say potential because I am > not an authority on the subject. > > Everyone on this forum is prepared to help fellow > candidates and members. You see it in the fact > that an email from the institute gets sent at > 2:05pm and Analyst forum members are on here > posting details of that email 5 minutes later. > This to me indicates we do care about the > community in general and the value of the > designation itself. > > Why then would we use the trademark in ways which > ultimately dilute brand power? > Even if you follow the letter of the law in your > analyst forum behavior, why not follow the spirit? You use your second post on AF to criticize a bunch of screen names? Are you that bored?

not sure what screenname has to deal with that? You can’t say that Cat Fanciers’ Association has disrespect for CFA institute just because it is not relevant.

what???

sct123, Empty vessels make the most noise. Kudos to you for the millions of posts you have registered.

sandy vagin@?

kevincwang Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > not sure what screenname has to deal with that? > > You can’t say that Cat Fanciers’ Association has > disrespect for CFA institute just because it is > not relevant. They were advertising a CFA convention on the radio last week on the way to work. They kept saying ‘CFA-certified cats.’ I kept wanting to yell ‘It’s CFA charterholder cats, dammit!’

This thread is rediculous. how could you even begin to assume that just using the letters CF and A together are to insinuate a charter? these screen names aren’t even in the proper form for anyone to conclude that they are trying to pass themselves off as a charterholder. I mean how do we know that there are not people out there with perhaps these very initials? CFABLACKBELT’s name could be Charlie Frederick Annapoli for all we know. Unless he had a screenname of BLACKBELT, CFA I would only make an a$$ of myself to assume that he was trying to pass himself off as a charterholder. Besides, SDOT, who are you to claim that you are from the seattle dept. of transportation? I highly doubt that you are - you should rethink think that screenname before I turn you in!