Has risky lending stopped?

You would think it would but someone I know who works in mortgages in Cali says companies are still making risky mortgage loans. From a personal finance perspective I am still receiving 0% credit card offers. Maybe things have changed in this recent month but what about the first half of 2008 when the problem was already pronounced?

People just loaned an anonymous chatroom person $6k so he could run off to russia. Risky lending is alive & well.

The 0% credit card offers aren’t contracts. They will not give ythe 0% credit until running your credit, and depending on the score they can choose the limit (line of credit) that they are willing to risk on the person.

virginCFAhooker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > People just loaned an anonymous chatroom person > $6k so he could run off to russia. Risky lending > is alive & well. he looks responsible in his picture - he is even wearing a tie.

You just gave some guy your money so he can go to Russia to have sex with hot Russian girls. Damn. That burns me up and it wasn’t even my money.

virginCFAhooker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You just gave some guy your money so he can go to > Russia to have sex with hot Russian girls. > > Damn. That burns me up and it wasn’t even my > money. haha i didnt actually but a ton of people did. no way to tell what the rate would be.

I must have missed this thread.

Come on guys… if you want to see my listing just go to Prosper.com, go to “Bid on Loans” and search for “Russia”. 124 people have bid so far and the current rate is 12.23% (down from 13.09%). There are 5 days left of bidding.

Condoms that you won’t get to use. That’s what you’re buying when you loan this guy $$$. That being said, good luck Danteshek!

virginCFAhooker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Condoms that you won’t get to use. That’s what > you’re buying when you loan this guy $$$. > > That being said, good luck Danteshek! Thanks :slight_smile: I promise not to spend any of the money on girls :slight_smile:

Link to whatever you guys are talking about?

Has risky lending stopped? seems not… http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/industries/finance/aig-executives-blow--getting-bailout/

thepinkman Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Link to whatever you guys are talking about? http://www.prosper.com/lend/listing.aspx?listingID=409423