Has the CFAI loosened requirements for work experience?

Has the CFA loosened requirements for work experience? I know for a fact the last time I checked the CFAI website for sample job titles in Nov 07 “Accountant” and “Auditor” were no longer listed as they were in previous years. I checked back today and both are once again listed a long with many others that were previously removed. I know that job title alone does not qualify as “acceptable professional work experience," but for bean counters like myself this could cut the waiting period for full membership. https://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/getstarted/requirements/samplejob.html

I will call it a day if they include IT professionals into the list of allowable/acceptable work experience that count towards getting a charter.

Tis a great sign for all us BO geeks

It still should be related to Investment-making process somehow. Need to find a loop hole here.

I guess you didnt see this … "A lot of members work in positions with these job titles. Just because you have one of these titles doesn’t mean you’ll be accepted for regular membership. You can also have a different title and still be accepted. " on the other hand in the titles they dont have the most basic " Investment Analyst "

Actually he said that exact statement in his original post. I guess you didnt see that tho… GenY

Thanks GenY. Dinesh: In the right-hand side column they have mentioned Product/software developer. Isn’t that what you do??

i was referring to Whodey’s post …

So was I …

anishcandy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thanks GenY. > > Dinesh: > > In the right-hand side column they have mentioned > Product/software developer. Isn’t that what you > do?? Anish, that’s exactly what I do. I have sent them a mail already explaining my role and responsibilities, let’s hope to hear something positive from them. nevertheless, I am feeling 4 years younger already.

I emailed them to check on my accounting & auditing part. Just keep your fingers crossed to earn these 4 years bro :wink:

wow…they included Product/software developer as acceptable experience…what in the world is CFAI thinkin? are membership that low?

Merfolk17 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > wow…they included Product/software developer as > acceptable experience…what in the world is > CFAI thinkin? are membership that low? It’s called “Charter Liquidation” and Analyst need to keep a vigilant eye on for any OPA Red Flag Triangle indicator.

My experience is fine either way, but I don’t see why anyone would get all pumped up over the work experience changing. Sure it’s nice to have CFA after your name, but to someone interviewing you with your resume in hand, do you really think you are better off? In my mind they will see either: 1) someone that has passed all three levels, is not a charterholder, and has weak relevant work expereince to what they are hiring for; or, 2)someone that is a CFA charterholder, and has weak relevant work expereince to what they are hiring for. Catch my drift? What more is being accomplished (that is going to help you get into, say, equity research) on whether the CFAI accepts accounting and software development as acceptable work expereince? I don’t see much of an advantage…

anishcandy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I emailed them to check on my accounting & > auditing part. Just keep your fingers crossed to > earn these 4 years bro :wink: Cheers for this Anish, we will surely drain-in some starbucks-shots when meet this Sunday. Or did I started counting my eggs even before the chick hatched them out.

sorry…didn’t mean to divert the topic…I made a new post regarding my comment…

You got it Dinesh. Need to work on those pool skilld next time. I am just glad we still beat those teams. You saw the look on their face =)

ohh yea!! I sure do, they were so stressed out after we beat them flawless. The stress on their face reminded me of a historic date of 01-Dec-07 (CFA-L1 day!!). I think the Temporal and All-Current method that we did a few minutes before the competition helped you with the power shots you were playing and the jump-shots I did to avoid the penalties. This time it’s Time-Series, so might as well knock off Geet Sethi when the rhythm is right.

NICE. Geet Sethi is good. I miss playing Snooker. They don’t play it over here. Sucks!!

I don’t mind venturing into snooker business right on 44th and 7th, if the lease/rent is not a concern :frowning: