healthy lunch

How about this: a big mac, supersized fries with diet coke, followed by a walk over to one of the 14,000 new mcdonalds coffee bars for an ultra sweet Frozen McCrapucino. Hello diabetes & clogged arteries. Goodbye SBUX stock.

I just got back from a trip to India and the first thing I ate was a Big Mac combo… the Big Mac combo there is called the Chicken Maharaja Mac…true story.

http://www.trifter.com/Practical-Travel/Budget-Travel/McDonalds-Strange-Menu-Around-the-World.35517

virginCFAhooker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How about this: a big mac, supersized fries with > diet coke, followed by a walk over to one of the > 14,000 new mcdonalds coffee bars for an ultra > sweet Frozen McCrapucino. > > Hello diabetes & clogged arteries. Goodbye SBUX > stock. I’m not sure what I think of this. I always though SBUX base customers were suburban wannabes and urban YUPPIES. I don’t see these people going to McD’S for coffee’s etc. unless they are stopping on the interstate for gas and need a quick caffeine fix. I’ve always though of this industry as having very inelastic price demand.

That’s because it’s not beef…If I recall the Cow is sacred so they don’t eat Beef. If I recall correctly from my youth as I grew up with a friend whose family was from India. i’m just a drunk irish-man.

bigwill i know, thanks dude…

in B school we had a case study on the McCafe vs Starbucks…has anyone ever been to a McCafe…i think they are in Europe…

I figured you did 3_letters, but had to put it out there

There are over 600 McCafe locations worldwide, but I get the sense that there aren’t too many in the US. The only McCafe’s that I have been to were in Munich and in Innsbruck. The stores were pretty posh (certainly nicer than most Starbucks locations in the US), and frankly a bit rich for my own blood - I recall a cup of fine-blend coffee was about 2.50 euros. I realize that’s not terribly out of line with what Starbucks charges here, but it didn’t seem like a real bargain either. Some of the locals really like it though, so they must be accustomed to that standard of living.

I have been to McCafe in Budapest, Hungary. It was impressive…very clean, aesthetically pleasing design, good coffee (very strong, Eastern bloc style), and cheap prices. They should roll it out on a large scale here in the US.

But they are rolling out this coffee in their current restaurants, not exactly a coffee shop where I want to sit and read the Economist on a Sunday afternoon style with kids screaming in the background and people stuffing their faces with Double Quarter Pounders

McDic’s around my place have got rid of all florescent lighting, got rid of the clowish colour palette and have large indoor/outdoor fireplaces with patios, wifi access and several large LCD screens playing CNN etc… In the morning the only people you see actually inside are gray hairs going for an early morning mall walk, but there is clearly a rejuvenation going on with several restaurants being renovated to this new format, the coffee is actually good and the wait is a quarter of the time you’d spend in a Starbucks (or Tim’s on the other end) drivethru.

CFA_Halifax Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m not sure what I think of this. I always > though SBUX base customers were suburban wannabes > and urban YUPPIES. I don’t see these people going > to McD’S for coffee’s etc. unless they are > stopping on the interstate for gas and need a > quick caffeine fix. > > I’ve always though of this industry as having > very inelastic price demand. —believe it or not, my friends from korea told me in korea, you have to wear suits to go to SBUX, its a completely different marketing angle they use over there, it’s viewed more as a social/business networking medium allegedly, and they told me there are always more girls than guys in the coffee shops there…it’s not confirmed though, so it’s just hearsay at this point

we have heaps of mcafes in Melbourne, Aus. They are nicley decked out but I have never eat or drank anythingat one, only the normal maccas section. They have lots of classy cakes and things, but with so many cafes around I don’t go to Macafe.

Schultz is back at the helm of SBUX. Can he pull a Steve Jobs turnaround? I’m still pretty skeptical, esp with the economy being the way it is. Still, this can’t be a bad move for the company

Mcdonalds may indeed steel $1 billion of revenue from sbux coffee drinks but Shultz/SBUX will steel over $5 billion in burger revenue with the help of his old friend, caffeine. Secretly in his spare time shultz has been feeding cows with coffee beans. The meat is hypercaffeinated and will be the heart of the Sbux Grande CrapBurger ™.

virginCFAhooker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Mcdonalds may indeed steel $1 billion of revenue > from sbux coffee drinks but Shultz/SBUX will steel > over $5 billion in burger revenue with the help of > his old friend, caffeine. Secretly in his spare > time shultz has been feeding cows with coffee > beans. The meat is hypercaffeinated and will be > the heart of the Sbux Grande CrapBurger ™. LMAO. Don’t they say cow farts contribue to like 5% of the world’s greenhouse gas!

donair and a forty of colt 45, thats how we eat in the bricks son!

3_letters Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > in B school we had a case study on the McCafe vs > Starbucks…has anyone ever been to a > McCafe…i think they are in Europe… McCafe is not bad, they have second class coffee, surprisingly.

3_letters Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > http://www.trifter.com/Practical-Travel/Budget-Tra > vel/McDonalds-Strange-Menu-Around-the-World.35517 Nice. I’d eat a McLobster. Also they have beer in lots of countries.