Hear This!

virginCFA: hear me out, FYI my manager is no fool either, he is an actuary (so you know which sector he covers :slight_smile: and showing my balls would piss him off further, so i use my network and get some support from around me and when i go see the CEO read what happens above.

VCFA - i just called Russia, i said WTF, and dialled his number but its too late in Russia already and its Fri and i will let you know what my recruiting manager has to say on Mondayā€¦

Paris is lovely this time of year! Show some balls or your credentials are as worthless as this post Iā€™m writing.

Can you call him at home on the weekend? That shows the most initiative.

BBD Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bryant: btw my manager boss sits in paris, not > really interested in ā€˜trouble makersā€™ and digging > up dirt - so i do it (and i do have some nasty > emails that were sent to me) then what? whose side > will the firm take? do you think people are going > to stand for justice or for a blue eyed rated > analyst? already the senior managmetn here have > ganged up on me - if i ask them for some time to > speak, they are too busy > > but i keep pushing doors - trouble is i am > obstinate - and get a meeting with the local CEO - > he knows me from before and guess what he says " > kid admit it you have failed - i know you are good > kid so i will give you another job in the bank, i > have been told (they have been talking to him for > 6 months and i did not know) that you are better > suited as a credit analyst so lets look into that, > but tell me NOW otherwise i cannot offer you the > any other option" > > so i walk out of his office spiningā€¦i bought > some time, i told him that i need time to think > over the weekend - that was 2 weeks agoā€¦ In this case you have no ally at your firm. Consider your options at different firms if you value your long-term career goals. Donā€™t be minupulated in the near or long term, and donā€™t give them the opportunity to fire you.

If they fire him, at least he will get unemployment (depending where he is). that might let him live till he catches on elsewhere If he quits he will get nothing. Especially if he had huge travel expenses and this is really not his fault. References or being fired vs quitting arent that important. Why? Your worst employee might get the BEST reference, best employee the worstā€¦

Iā€™m not advocating he quite without something else in hand first. Regarding the reference, it might be better to explain to a potential employer why you quit versus why you were fired. Just my 2.

VCFA - re calling paris, i have done that. i.e. i asked a senior colleague to enquire on my behalf without making it obvious that he was doing it for me about what the ā€˜wordā€™ was on me - this was done and we found out that the paris manager has already been convinced against me - nb my manager has been at the firm for 9 years and other senior managers know him too - the thing however is that most of my colleagues have sympathy for me but management is well, another thingā€¦

they cant fire, just yetā€¦reason? because too obvious at this stage - it would look bad for them to have a guy fly out and then fired ā€¦ i cant leave coz i dont have anything in handā€¦ so a stalemateā€¦but each day is difficult as the hostility is obvious nowā€¦ another recourse = legal. problem is that means that my current option re credit analyst then is out of question - i become an ā€˜enemy of the stateā€™ and the whole institution turns on me like crazy. second - what next - i go legal but then have it next to my name i.e would you hire a person who took his ex firm to court?

You are CFA CPA MBAā€¦ Start sending the resā€¦

here are the lessons learnt: -when shits hits the roof ā€œfriendsā€ disappear - very few people are strong enough to help -

Youā€™re obviously underqualified! Go ahead and get your law degree so if this sort of thing happens again (and I predict it will) you can sue their butz off.

vCFA - i like your thinking - and once you sue the firm then what? and yes i have taken legal advice (have a lawyer friend) and he has looked at the employment contract et al and given me the way to go about it, after all that he asked me if i want to go through with it all - another friend who had been through a similar situation spent 9 months in court!!! and on top of it, is that the process is nerve racking and then the word gets out tooā€¦ this is all a huge learning experience for me - and i wanted to share it so someone who gets in such a jam has some clues on what he/she will be facingā€¦

there is more to the story - i think reading it will help guys face such a situation, although lets hope it does not happenā€¦ BTW the resume is out and have got one offer its in Project Finance, still weighing it up and there is one more question - just leave with a thank you note afte suffering such injustice (and often undue humiliation) ??? well maybe thats the correct thing to do or rather the politically correct thing to do but believe me its F!!!ng hard to accept! so this one rated analyst accepts to help me undercover and he is a great guy and talented (rare i know, very rare i think) and i present the updated report that looks great and then my boss starts to critize style and i mean using words ā€˜favorable stanceā€™ instead of ā€˜we likeā€™ this is nasty! anyway i keep my cool and take it, when i make the changes he is still not happy - now i go back to the rated analyst and tell him the situation and then he too flips his lid and tells me to go for it - let my boss know that he had worked with me on the report - now the SHIT really hits coz my boss is F!!! jealous of the other guy ā€¦ so things get ugly and then I get ready for war its the world of corporate politics, and telephones are the weapons, the networks start flaring up and calls are made across the globe (literally) each party lobbies for support that is how the CEO got ready to offer me another job - that is what i could salvage but do i take it and let everyone think that I failed???

Ok, you should crap in a paper bag, place it in front of his office door, and light it on fire. Surely, he will stomp on that paper bag as it is a fire hazard. When he does stomp on it, he will get your poop on his feet. You will feel vindicated.

:-)) feels like i am back at school!!!

Maybe you and your boss can go on Jerry Springer?

Here is the issue. It doesnā€™t matter if you worked on the report with the greatest analyst. You need to work on it with your boss to his specifications. If he rather favorable stance than we like, use that. Going to someone else who is teaching you to do things a different way isnā€™t helping you! BBD Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > there is more to the story - i think reading it > will help guys face such a situation, although > lets hope it does not happenā€¦ > > BTW the resume is out and have got one offer its > in Project Finance, still weighing it up and there > is one more question - just leave with a thank you > note afte suffering such injustice (and often > undue humiliation) ??? well maybe thats the > correct thing to do or rather the politically > correct thing to do but believe me its F!!!ng hard > to accept! > > so this one rated analyst accepts to help me > undercover and he is a great guy and talented > (rare i know, very rare i think) and i present the > updated report that looks great and then my boss > starts to critize style and i mean using words > ā€˜favorable stanceā€™ instead of ā€˜we likeā€™ this is > nasty! anyway i keep my cool and take it, when i > make the changes he is still not happy - now i go > back to the rated analyst and tell him the > situation and then he too flips his lid and tells > me to go for it - let my boss know that he had > worked with me on the report - now the SHIT really > hits coz my boss is F!!! jealous of the other guy > ā€¦ so things get ugly > and then I get ready for war > > its the world of corporate politics, and > telephones are the weapons, the networks start > flaring up and calls are made across the globe > (literally) each party lobbies for support > > that is how the CEO got ready to offer me another > job - that is what i could salvage but do i take > it and let everyone think that I failed???

BBD, believe it or not, I was in similar shoes few years ago (not to the extreme as you, but pretty close) When it happened, I switched to a new department, and went through it just fine. After some hard work, got a promotion and relocated to the corp officeā€¦ now I report directly to the VP who oversees everything, including my old bossā€™s boss Nope, I did not revenge or plan on doing it. I think the biggest punishment for my old boss is not knowing what I will be doing. I think the fear and guilt inside him is the best suffering. I would say take the credit analyst job with the same company so that you can get a new boss. Work your ass off, prove yourselfā€¦ who knows? some day he might report to youā€¦

Dan2003: you sound very sensible and thanks for the advice and another thing that came out thru my experience is the number of people who has been in such situations before and once i started talking to friends it was surprising how common it is look i dont plan any revenge for the simple reason that i will carry the vendetta in my heart and i am not the sort of person to have a heavy chest i generally let out and have a clean slate - its who i am also another thing is that despite the hardship, i have actually learnt a few lessons - so i am cool on the whole and one more thing that i think is very important is the tremendous amount of goodwill out there - one bad boss (and quite frankly i have a lot soul searching in it, i honestly think that my boss is the kind that is mean and insecure - there are all sorts in the world and FYI he is divorced too ) will not make me into a sour person - i would rather celebrate the goodwill others have shown, including yourself! its these small gestures that i cherish more than the negativesā€¦somehow or other i am confident i will be fine