hearing back for an interview

Guys, Had an interview last week. I thought it went well and I was pretty hopeful. But, it;s been a week and I haven’t heard back yet. Emailed the analyst this afternoon but no response. What do u guys think ?? Any point keeping my hopes alive ;-(

You’re so money and you don’t even know it.

I hope you did not use :frowning: and u and it;s in the email.

It has only been a week dude.

No. My email was really professional. I was just hoping that the guy would at least respond to my email if he was interested.I hate it when people don’t reply back and leave you hanging.

I would follow up with a phone call as well. Did you send a hand written thank-you letter? This is a good differentiator between similar candidates in this extrememly difficult job market.

I am thinking of calling him tomm. What if I get his VM ? Should i leave a message or keep trying till he picks up ? I sent him an email Thank-you after the interview. Who the hell sends a hand-writte thank-you ? He won’t even get till after 3 days.Has anyone sent a hand written thank-you letter after an interview??

taz722 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Should i leave a message or keep trying > till he picks up ? Avoid doing this. This is not a viable option for 99% of situations.

If not hand written than at least type it. They would already have it if you sent it the day after the interview.

Lpoulin, Elaborate. What is not a viable option ? Calling or leaving a message?

Just an FYI, this is the year 2009. Most of the business population has caller ID. Your number will show up every time you make a call. ;-(

have u heard of *67 ?

So basically your ID will show up as “RESTRICTED” every time you call, and the first time someone actually picks up the call they will know it’s you that’s been calling 15 times a day. ;-(

I’ve been given the cold shoulder with an interview I felt went GREAT! After following up about 6x over the course of a month without any reply, I gave up for good. You don’t want to be remembered as the annoying one who would not leave them alone. Assuming this is not GS, MS, or any other huge firm, just let it go. Market is tough, but there is no sense in chasing a dead lead.

taz722 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Guys, > > Had an interview last week. I thought it went > well and I was pretty hopeful. But, it;s been a > week and I haven’t heard back yet. Emailed the > analyst this afternoon but no response. What do u > guys think ?? Any point keeping my hopes alive ;-( Email them a video of Crystal Method - Keep Hope Alive. Works 60% of the time. Every time.

I don’t think your chances are necessarily zero at this stage. They are almost certainly interviewing other candidates. They may have a lot of good resumes and assuming they don’t need to fill the position urgently then they may as well take their time and pick the best fit for them. This is a sweet spot in the market for hirers unfortunately (for you me and others on this board at least, good for the comapny) so they don’t have to extend too many courtesies to aspiring candidates. I’d hold off another few days before making a follow up call. The analyst might be on a road trip this week. He/she might be swamped with work etc. Who knows? If you haven’t heard back by next week then I’d give them a call.

keep in mind that monday was a holiday for most people. I was out monday and we had two analyst start tuesday. I been working with them non stop for two days. Keep in mind that people are busy as I have not even got to my emails from weekend yet. Give it some time man.

goldenboy, do you work for mr sachs?

Thanks for all the responses guys. I will hold off till Monday before calling him.

I piss on Miss Sachs