Hedge Fund Question

I know this is probably a rudimentary question for those of you that work in the hedge fund industry. However, I do not know much about hedge funds other than CFA Level 1 basics. If I have an interest in a hedge fund, is there a market whereby I can sell my interest in the fund with or without the managers approval? I know there are lockup periods where you cannot take your money out, but if I wanted to sell my interest to another person is that possible? Thanks for any insight

You can sell your interests in secondary markets like hedgebay but it requires manager approval.

I would imagine that this would depend on the terms of the specific hedge fund. The whole hedge fund industry is highly unregulated, and many hedge funds are not even registered.

Thanks guys for the input - much appreciated.

I have yet to see any hedge fund offering documents that allow an LP to transfer their interests to another LP without manager consent.

iheartiheartmath Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have yet to see any hedge fund offering > documents that allow an LP to transfer their > interests to another LP without manager consent.