Hello all, new to the forum

I’ve lurked here since about July, which is when I started studying for Dec L1. Well, I failed. Probably put about 350 hrs of study with no finance background. Here are my results: Multiple Choice Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Assets 12 * - - - Derivatives 12 - * - - Economics 24 * - - - Equity Analysis 24 - * - - Ethical & Professional Stnds. 36 - - * - Financial Statement Analysis 68 - * - - Fixed Income Analysis 24 * - - - General Portfolio Management 12 - * - - Quantitative Analysis 28 - * - Mistakes: 1. Read 3 CFAI textbooks and the rest with Schweser. Should’ve used Schweser from the get-go 2. Not enough Qbank (again should’ve skipped the CFAI texts). I did maybe 500 of these (+ the 720 questions from Book 6). I was really disappointed to say the least. But that very morning I signed up for June 08. I’m going to re-read all the Schweser books by mid-April (while doing a lot of Qbank), and then doing about 1.5 months of reviewing/testing. Do you guys think this is a good strategy?

From my understanding that sounds good. I’m sitting for the first time for Level 1. The ideal position to be in is just what you are describing; done with all books with ALOT of time for review. I’ve also been told to take all the CFAI practice tests. These do cost $50, however they say the questions mimic those that are on the exam.