Help Deciding What To do?

maratikus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m actually going to start studying in early > September because I’m going to have a baby in > December and hopefully start part-time MBA in > January. CONGRATS. Had our first in earlier this year. Nothing like it.

budfox427 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CONGRATS. > > Had our first in earlier this year. Nothing like > it. Thanks. I’m very happy! Was it hard for you to adjust to having a baby?

Good to hear maratikus! It was quite a big change for me and my wife, but a welcome one. You won’t get much sleep in December and January, which will be tough for the start of the MBA and CFA prep. If anybody can handle it, you can.

thanks for your encouraging words, mwvt! I’m planning on only taking one class per quarter in the winter and in the spring and start studying for Level III in Sept to make sure I won’t be overwhelmed. Can’t wait to see my little girl in December.

maratikus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m actually going to start studying in early > September because I’m going to have a baby in > December and hopefully start part-time MBA in > January. Same here. We are expecting our first in January, so I will have to start studying earlier this time. Congrats maratikus.

Congrats, More Cowbell! Both of us are going to have fun couple of months this winter.

maratikus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > budfox427 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > CONGRATS. > > > > Had our first in earlier this year. Nothing > like > > it. > > Thanks. I’m very happy! Was it hard for you to > adjust to having a baby? The first months were tough. She was born in mid-Feb, right when I had started studying for L2 (we were in labor for 26 hours, and a lot of it was real mild, so I actually read the entire Schweser FSA book 2X during one stretch there). Afterwards my study schedule was pretty ragged for a few weeks, and the lack of sleep made it even tougher. After a few months, though, she started sleeping for long stretches at night, and by May, she was sleeping 8:30 until 6:30am, so that made it easier. I’m living proof that the CFA can still be done during that period though, and we had a tough bout with colic and jaundice with ours, so don’t get discouraged As far as “life” adjustments go, it is definitly a life changer, but for the better. Everyone always told me, and I am sure you have heard it a million times, that everything changes when you have a kid, but you really don’t grasp it until you hold your baby for the first time. Its awesome.

Thanks for sharing your experience, budfox!

LOL! You read your FSA book while your wife was in labor? Looks like you might have gotten the sh*t end of the stick on that one. But seriously, how did she not rip your head off?

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > LOL! You read your FSA book while your wife was > in labor? Looks like you might have gotten the > sh*t end of the stick on that one. But seriously, > how did she not rip your head off? We induced. The contractions were really erratic for a long time. Once she had been that way for 6 horus or so, the doctor gave her some meds and told her to just relax and we were going to be there a while. I had been playing “coach” for 6 hours, and my wife said, and I quote “I don’t care where you go or what you do, but I want it quiet in here.” I said sure, and went to hold her hand, and she said “I am burning up, don’t touch me.” rather emphatically. So I shuffled off in the corner and studied until she gave me the green light to talk again. It was a long day.

and yes, I agree, I would rather give birth myself than read pension accounting again. seriously.

ok, sorry, i have to lol at the whole reading FSA while your wife is giving birth story. men will just never understand… having both just passed level ii and given birth to twins though, i think i did prefer giving birth (though not at the same time as studying FSA!). at least i had drugs during labor.

twinsmom Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- >at least i had drugs > during labor. Tell that to Daj.

^^ Post of the year

twinsmom Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ok, sorry, i have to lol at the whole reading FSA > while your wife is giving birth story. men will > just never understand… having both just passed > level ii and given birth to twins though, i think > i did prefer giving birth (though not at the same > time as studying FSA!). at least i had drugs > during labor. I agree it sounds stupid, but it is what she wanted. She told me later that that was the best thing I did the whole time, because I think I was pretty jacked up be the whole experience and she was not sharing my enthusiasm, even moreso as the hours wore on.

Maratikus, is this guy planned or did you find out on Maury?

Relax until January. You will burn out if you start now. You can learn everything starting in January. Enjoy life.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Maratikus, is this guy planned or did you find out > on Maury? My wife and I decided that we wanted to have a baby but didn’t expect that will happen so quickly. I’m very happy that I will have a daughter though. I can see that my priorities are already changing.

maratikus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Black Swan Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Maratikus, is this guy planned or did you find > out > > on Maury? > > My wife and I decided that we wanted to have a > baby but didn’t expect that will happen so > quickly. I’m very happy that I will have a > daughter though. I can see that my priorities are > already changing. Funny. exact same situation here, and we had a daughter too.

I’ve heard that actually having the baby hurts as hell for the woman who has to undergo it. Just rumours, though.