Help Deciding What To do?

Hey all, I just passed level II and I am getting ready to study for level III. I have a question? Do you guys think I should start now and study 20 hours a day until the test or is it better to wait until one month out and study 28 hours a day and 30 on the weekends in order to cram everything into my head so I can effectively have “mental diarrhea” right into the exam booklet? Im kinda leaning towards the second one. I think it makes more sense.

To pass L3, you need to study 32 hours a day, minimum. And you should have started studying for L3 before you took L2.

I did start studying for L3 first, and that’s giving me a bit of confidence. I really hope WACC is on it. Ive spent most of my time on that subject.

starting b4 january is useless as in all levels. material is not dificult like L2. u will understand as you read. if you like concentrated studying start no later than march. if you wanna take things slow start early jan.

WACC is not covered extensively. Only topic I recall that had it was for pension assets and liability calculations, and even then the definition of WACC is a little different than what you may remember.

Are people answering this post seriously?

I’m not starting until January… I don’t see how it’s possible to start before then and NOT get completely burnt out come test time.

I just passed LII too and already read last year’s LIII curriculum during the last 2 weeks of May as LII was boring me. Do you recommend me to re-read it, or should I directly start with LIV?

I wrote my own L3 books while on a bad acid trip.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I wrote my own L3 books while on a bad acid trip. PDF version? I would be interested in seeing these…

Last year, I read the curriculum from October to December. Than in January, I started Schweser until first week of May. Then revision. I passed, so it worked for me. Ponpon

ponponpq Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Last year, I read the curriculum from October to > December. > > Than in January, I started Schweser until first > week of May. > > Then revision. > > I passed, so it worked for me. > > Ponpon …christ, people

I plan on starting June 1…that should be more than enough time, I mean its mostly PM and Ethics, and PM was only 5% of LVL II so 5 days should be more than enough time…

One thing is for sure, level I and II have cut out most of the non-commitals, and I need to cut out any opportunistic thinking left and just crack a nut

caspian Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I did start studying for L3 first, and that’s > giving me a bit of confidence. I really hope WACC > is on it. Ive spent most of my time on that > subject. I heard WACC is covered extensively in L4.

I’m going to sit for level 3 in 2013 so I have adequate time to prepare.

budfox427 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m going to sit for level 3 in 2013 so I have > adequate time to prepare. Dude. This might actually happen to us.

Yeah don’t joke like that :wink:

good point. too late to edit though. I always liked the posts on the Level 1 forum where it would be February and someone would post that they are studying for the exam in June of the following year and were asking if that was enough time. sheesh.

I’m actually going to start studying in early September because I’m going to have a baby in December and hopefully start part-time MBA in January.