Help:Forgot to fill in ovals for personal details

Ok, I guess I am first. Exam went fine, but I royally screwed up by not marking my name, CFAI number in the answer sheet for the morning paper. I mean I wrote my name, number, seat etc, but didn’t fill in the corresponding ovals. Is this a big issue? Should I email the institute and check whether my AM paper will not be valued at all?

I had the same issue! in AM I wanted to leave the exam 45 minutes before the end of it so I called proctor and when I gave her the paper she asked me to fill the ovals. In the break, I was telling my friends about the problem and they told me that if I didnt fill it, proctors would do so. I’m not sure if they know it for a fact or they were just guessing. I would say email CFAI or check FAQ

:slight_smile: I can understand ur anxiety coz I myself was in the absolutely same situation 6 months ago… Wen the superviser told me to circle the ovals in the midst of the exam in the afternoon paper, I realised I had not done it in the morning. wrote the name etc… forgot to circle ovals… be rest assured,… it wnt affect ur score in any way… mail the institute once. I had also read in the faq;s section somewher that they do have some separate staff which checks for all these things before answer papers r scanned.,. So dnt worry at all.

Thanks cfa_student29, I will mail the institute. Omar, glad to know the exam went well for you.

I never understand why people like you guys would forget filling the ovals. People who made mistakes about this would easily violate other standards of codes and conducts.

That’s a big jump from not circling ovals to violating ethical standards? I could look at it another way and say that those who intentionally violate standards and codes would certainly fill in ovals to avoid bringing attention to themselves

FRMer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I never understand why people like you guys would > forget filling the ovals. > > People who made mistakes about this would easily > violate other standards of codes and conducts. Right. I will request CFAI to make this circling thing the 8th standard. Any other pearls of “wisdom”?

Seems like a common thing as they address in the CFAI Exam FAQ: What if I did not complete my candidate number? Our experienced grading staff carefully reviews each answer sheet for completeness. A staff member will complete your candidate number to ensure your information is recorded correctly. http://www.cfainstitute.org/utility/faq/Pages/index.aspx

How could you forget to fill in the ovals for your name and number??? They ask you do this before the exam even starts…

cfa222 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How could you forget to fill in the ovals for your > name and number??? They ask you do this before > the exam even starts… Well, I was busy trying to remove the seal :smiley: I didn’t have time to fill oval so I just wrote them down - glad that I left earlier so I could fill it in before i leave

cfa222 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How could you forget to fill in the ovals for your > name and number??? They ask you do this before > the exam even starts… My thoughts also. It’s pretty stupid not to fill in the ovals. You’ve got plenty of time for that. However, if you wrote down your name and number, you will probably be fine.

don’t worry. every exam people go paranoid about not filling in the info ovals. CFAI has a great system with double-checking proctors. They double check everything and verify it themselves if any info was filling in wrong. But if you messed up your exam questions ovals, no help there.

Thanks iteracom. Hopefully they don’t change my exam ovals. That would be disaster since I thought I did pretty well.

cityboy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My thoughts also. It’s pretty stupid not to fill > in the ovals. You’ve got plenty of time for that. > However, if you wrote down your name and number, > you will probably be fine. Not necessarily the case. I was half way through filling in my name at the Hong Kong AM session when I hear the words ‘Start your exam now…’

natty84 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > cityboy Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > My thoughts also. It’s pretty stupid not to > fill > > in the ovals. You’ve got plenty of time for > that. > > However, if you wrote down your name and > number, > > you will probably be fine. > > Not necessarily the case. I was half way through > filling in my name at the Hong Kong AM session > when I hear the words ‘Start your exam now…’ Maybe some test centers allow less time for this, but I never had any problems with this. Whatever…

well…just a thought…shouldnt this be looked at bit more seriously by the institute…isnt it equivalent to “you have not followed the instructions of proctor” Having said that, wont want anybody to be punished for not following stuff which does not influence their exam result.