HELP: If I fail L3 August 2023 exam can I retake L3 February 2024 exam?

BIG CONFUSION,

The language is really confusing & I am not sure if I’m allowed to take L3 Feb 2024 if I I fail L3 August 2023 exam. Please see below the contradicting language from the CFAI page.

Now here’s the first excerpt from CFA Institute Policies:

"CFA Exam Eligibility Policy

Candidates are permitted to take the exam a maximum of two times per calendar year (when applicable), but not in consecutive windows or windows that are six months or less apart. Candidates will have a total of six maximum attempts per exam level. Partially completed exams (e.g., completion of only one session) count towards the maximum attempts."

Now here’s another excerpt from the Help Articles page:

"CFA Program Exam Attempt Limits

CFA Program exam results do not expire, and you are not required to enroll each year. There is no limit to the amount of time you have to complete the CFA Program.

Beginning with the 2021 computer-based exams, each level exam can be taken twice each year, with a total of six maximum attempts per exam level.

Attending the exam and completing any portion of the exam, will count as an exam attempt. You will receive an exam result, even if you only attend one session. If you do not attend an exam, that will not count as an attempt."

Can someone confirm that if I take the exam in August I will be able to retake in February? From the first excerpt it seems one cannot.

Yes you should be able to register for L3 Feb 2024 exam if you fail in L3 August 2023 exam ,provided the last date to register is on or before the date when the L3 August exam result is declared.