Help! Need urgent feedback-A month left

Would really appreciate comments/critiques of my emergency strategy. Thanks in advance. I haven’t been focusing that much on CFA, so I only have finished CFAI Equity, Fixed Income, and FRA and all the book questions. But sadly, that was about 1,150 pages of work. My plan for the final month: 1. Read Stalla notes (542 pages) for parts not covered yet and do all CFAI questions. Skip all Stalla end of chapter questions for now. 2. Go back to Stalla notes and read Equity, FI, FSA (~360 pages) . Skip all Stalla end of chapter questions 3. Do CFAI ethics +CFAI questions 4. Do all stalla end of chapter questions book 1-5 5. Practice exams CFAI, Stalla How does this sound?

Alternate method: 1. Read Stalla notes (1,000 pages) straight up covering FSA, Equity, and FI first. Then do all the concept checkers and CFAI questions 2. Do CFAI ethics + CFAI questions 3. Practice exams CFAI, Stalla

Alternate method: Get your ass off AF and start studying - you have less than 6 weeks left and have yet to cover about half of the curriculum.

Hey man…we are in the same boat, more or less :-D…my study plan is to read all the Schweser notes and do all the end of chapter questions…I aim to finish the 1st reading by 6th November (well, there won’t be enough time for me to do a 2nd reading) so that I have “ample” time (1 month) to do practice questions and review my weak areas…Good luck to us!

One more thing, do read Schweser…it’s more concise than Stalla, so you could have saved time to do more practice questions…then maybe you can review the questions that you may get wrong by referring to Stalla/Curriculum…

I have an old PDF of the 2008 Schweser notes but I have the Stalla notes in hard form. I counted the actual text pages (as you can see) and both formats are actually around the same length. The Stalla notes have a lot of filler (big font, lots of pages devoted to practice problem answers, etc.) that cut down the actual reading size.

nocareer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have an old PDF of the 2008 Schweser notes but I > have the Stalla notes in hard form. I counted the > actual text pages (as you can see) and both > formats are actually around the same length. The > Stalla notes have a lot of filler (big font, lots > of pages devoted to practice problem answers, > etc.) that cut down the actual reading size. Spend much less time counting how many pages you have read and still have to read and start reading them and get off AF. I only sign on here weekdays or time after I have done enough work for the day in studies. 30 min/day on AF over the next 30 days=900 minutes=15 hrs wasted study time. Do anything you haven’t done through CFAI materials in the Stalla Materials over the next 3 weeks and then do questions and review for 2 weeks

Here is my advice - don’t study anymore at all, just show up on exam day and do the best you can, which obviously won’t be enough. However, this will make the performance of others look better and increase their chances of passing.

Don’t do anything. Trust Jesus to make you pass!

nocareer, Do you actually have no career? How much time can you devote to studying over the next 6 weeks? I think the most appropriate study methods might be somewhat dependent on how much time you can devote to the material.

Hello Mister Walrus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Don’t do anything. Trust Jesus to make you pass! AHHH the old CFAith approach.

Thanks for the feedback. Really appreciate it. This morning, I ripped out all the practice problems and organized them into packets. I’m deciding to soldier through Stalla straight up, first reading parts that I did not finish with CFAI. I read the CFAI books for FI/Equity/FRA in its entirety. I am, to a degree, familiar with Stats and Economics from prior experiences. I just did a study session for Quant and I fully completed 72 pages. Stalla (reading text) Quant- 159 Corp Fin-67 PM-29 D-64 AI-22 Economics-201 Total-542 FSA-194 FI-94 Equity-60 Ethics-49 Total + 542=939 I plan on reading everything. I’ve decided to do the concept checkers after I read through (paranoid). The Stalla notes are much easier to read page for page than the CFAI notes and it’s mostly a string of problems anyway. I will do all the additional problems after I finish my run through. Unfortunately, I’m getting my wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow so I might lose a day… First read through (Q-E anticipated): @60 pages per day= 9 days completed Total read through @60= 9+7=16 days full Stalla run-through.

JensensalphaMale Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > nocareer, > > Do you actually have no career? How much time can > you devote to studying over the next 6 weeks? I > think the most appropriate study methods might be > somewhat dependent on how much time you can devote > to the material. I am unemployed and not searching for now, so I have advantages in terms of time. I am a finance/accounting ugrad B school recent graduate with a HF internship. I spend much of my time researching and building investment strategies. I neglected CFA-1 because much of the material was not relevant to my immediate goals.

nocareer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thanks for the feedback. Really appreciate it. > > This morning, I ripped out all the practice > problems and organized them into packets. > I’m deciding to soldier through Stalla straight > up, first reading parts that I did not finish with > CFAI. I read the CFAI books for FI/Equity/FRA > in its entirety. I am, to a degree, familiar with > Stats and Economics from prior experiences. > > I just did a study session for Quant and I fully > completed 72 pages. > > Stalla (reading text) > > Quant- 159 > Corp Fin-67 > PM-29 > D-64 > AI-22 > Economics-201 > Total-542 > > FSA-194 > FI-94 > Equity-60 > Ethics-49 > Total + 542=939 > > I plan on reading everything. I’ve decided to do > the concept checkers after I read through > (paranoid). The Stalla notes are much easier to > read page for page than the CFAI notes and it’s > mostly a string of problems anyway. I will do all > the additional problems after I finish my run > through. Unfortunately, I’m getting my wisdom > teeth pulled tomorrow so I might lose a day… > > First read through (Q-E anticipated): > @60 pages per day= 9 days completed > > Total read through @60= 9+7=16 days full Stalla > run-through. I guarantee you pass, dont disappoint me on jan. 28th

Long term plan: Stalla read-through 16-18 days All Concept checkers Read CFAI Ethics + Questions CFAI practice test Stalla Practice tests