help needed - I am panicking

Little background about me: I got my MBA- in Strategic Management and my bachelor degree in Accounting. So I have good level of knowledge about economics – FSA and some FI. This is the way I study for my level 1 exam (started Feb 2009) Started with Economics S4, S5, S6 did all the readings + solve Schweser questions + and all Qbank questions. Then I moved to FSA S7, S8, S9 and S10 with same strategy above Then moved to Ethics (did only Schweser notes, but only solved Schweser question , Qbank , and CFAI book end chapter question) did not read the standards of ethics 9th edition. Is that ok ? When I reached to Quant S2 and S3 all I did is I read Schweser notes and did one Qbank exam related to this part with 60 questions – I don’t feel very confident, because I did not have time to review this part nor solve as many Qbank questions. Now I’m on fixed income I’m done with S15 readings and solving Qbank test with 60 questions. Today will finish S16 reading and I’ll try my best to do Qbank exam tomorrow morning. My problem here is Still ahead of me (Equity S13 and S14 –corporate finance S11, PM S12, Derivative and alternative S17 and S18) 6 more session I feel down and I feel I am not ready for the exam What shall I do to be on track again and have time for review and solve Mock exams? 47 days left Help needed and appreciated Thanks

I am in the exact same situation. My mentality is work hard and get it done. We both know that you have to get through the material and feel confident about it and if that means staying up a few more hours at night to study to get it done…then do it. There is no magic formula. Hard work, banging out questions and going over the material is what is needed.

Considering your background and what you have already completed you are in good shape. finish up the remaining of the material, go hard at quant/ethics. Being from an accounting background should make you pretty comfy with that 20% FRA. Just keep plowing away, don’t take any time for granted, just give it everything you got…

dont panic…your almost at the finish line. just keep on practicing!!!

We all have worked hard and sacrificed a lot in prep for CFA1…but this is not a Q of life and death. Most of the candidates here are youngsters in their 20s, and I presume you r too…I will be 40 soon. You prepare hard but if anyone fails - give it in Dec. Whats the big deal? This is what makes me calm down…and infact, helps me in my studies. I’ll be finishing the curriculum in a weeks time, hopefully…CFAI kept the toughest for the last…Derivatives…terms like Option of a Future makes my head spin…Good luck to all…

still 46 days left keep practices especially for the weak points good luck to all including me

panicking will not help at all and you will waste more time thinking abt it rather then studying. Try doing as much as you can and leave the rest to God. Hard Work always pays!

I have been using Qbank, CFA study notes mostly Has anyone else tried core-models??? Just curious what others think of it.

Equity section isn’t that bad. If you have a strong grasp of TVM and FSA, it’s relatively straightforward. Don’t worry (I know, easier said than done), just take baby steps~ it all adds up in the end. Rhythm is far more important in helping to cover ground~ pace comes after. Targa 4S? Just get the convertible! I’m a GT3RS guy myself… but I [would] mostly keep it on the tracks [if I had one].

thank you guys for your support :* it means alot and you have encouraged me … ill try my best good luck to you too :wink:

no need to panic with this much time left…bleron passed level 1 with only 1 day of studying and was awarded the “CFA gold medalist award” for being the only person to ever get 100% on a CFA exam

patkeenan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > no need to panic with this much time > left…bleron passed level 1 with only 1 day of > studying and was awarded the “CFA gold medalist > award” for being the only person to ever get 100% > on a CFA exam Didn’t he also go on to save the world from a giant alien with only a twig and a bag of gummy bears?

cfacowtown Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > patkeenan Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > no need to panic with this much time > > left…bleron passed level 1 with only 1 day > of > > studying and was awarded the “CFA gold medalist > > award” for being the only person to ever get > 100% > > on a CFA exam > > Didn’t he also go on to save the world from a > giant alien with only a twig and a bag of gummy > bears? he most certainly did… the world wouldnt be the same without him

If you were not panicking, I would be worried. Since you are panicking, good job, you’re probably prepared or on the right track!