Help OP with a job interview

This is the days mantra

You got the job or not bro

worst case. plz replace her. shes complaining that watching a screen is giving her ptsd.

She may be getting ptsd if the stuff she is going over is violence/other crimes against kids, which FB has a real problem with. I’ve heard of fbi employees burning out because of doing that for a job.

either way. send instead of complianing, just quit. let another dude handle this without the need of a therapist.

What’s the update on this?

They wanted someone else.

They said they really liked me and thought I had a natural gift for talking to clients and wanted to offer me a financial advisor role on his team, but not the one I interviewed for.

Gracefully declined.

They gave the job to someone more experienced making discretionary asset allocation calls. I ■■■■ you not. They were looking for a guy who can analyze current macro economic trends and translate that into literal portfolio allocation decisions.

It’s weird. Because, why on earth would the guy they want to hire - if he really is qualified - ever go want to work in private wealth management and not at an actual fund? Makes no sense.

I could say more, but it’d just be complaining at this point.

That is 100% the type of job I should be looking for next though - the whole “client facing PM” type of job.

Sorry dawg. To be fair tho, the upside for the FA role is prolly higher than for being a strategist for the FA. Closer to the money.

How’s the job search going?

I have my next interview next week. Been a slow process.

2 Likes

You got this :fist:

Good luck. When they ask you about skin in the game in your career, just print out the thread of your wild Reddit action, and, before frisbee-ing the printouts on their desk, say, “What? You want to see f**king skin in the game?!?” Then slap that track record of risk taking down and watch the lucrative offer come rolling in from HR within the hour.

1 Like

It took me 5 years to get out of my original dead end role. You got this.

1 Like

I get you on what you’re saying. I’m reckless with the internet, but I will never understand the generations before me attitude on why they think it’s just so abhorrent that someone would ever try and make money trading stocks. I know you feel threatened, and that your every paradigm you hold true of your industry would be invalidated if the world just pumped out millionaires left right and center via our global capital markets, but someday DOW, I expect a happy hour invitation when there’s 8 figures in my bank account - it’ll be on your tab though. I’ll be wearing flip flops and gym shorts too btw.

Well I hope you’re joking as I posted my little scenario in good jest, and I thought you’d find it funny. But in all reality, I’m not opposed to paradigm shifts in the market. I’m just opposed to the perversion of fundamentals. As junior as you might be, you’ve still got loads more experience than the typical Reddit trader…but there are some high schoolers out there that think they have all the answers getting caught up in the fray, until they don’t and then they blow up. That’s socially harmful.

It isn’t about “preserving the old guard” or some nonsense like that. It’s equivalent to a doctor being dismayed at the degree of self-diagnosis happening with the advent of WebMD and similar sites. Because he is dismayed, does this demonstrate that the doctor is opposed to medical innovation at large? Of course not. But the doctor understands the scope of patient harm possible with that information in the hands of a segment of the population not capable of taking it and arriving at a clinically valid conclusion.

2 Likes

Listen to this song right before you walk into the interview. It’ll help you get into an appropriate mental space

Fight Back

I think very few people are against trading on stocks with a real plan and an (even imagined) edge. But the fact that your trading is akin to playing lottery is probably what makes many people smirk. If you’d have some kind of an edge with, say that PLTR option play, I’d be all for it. But from what i’ve gathered, you’re just a liquidity provider for others right now. You might win big but that wouldn’t be because of your well weighted risk taking. And you might lose, and that would be just the natural outcome when you really don’t have a thought out long term IPS.

1 Like

I one thousand percent have a plan. And also, that options trade was less than one fifth of my overall wealth. It was all calculated.

i want to learn how to trade some day. i got no time to learn and to constantly look for momentum plays on the daily.
but if i do get laid off, i get access to my 401k which has 250k. i think i’d be down to use 50k for momentum trading. another 50k for repes. 50k in covered call value plays. i’ll invest the rest in long term individual stocks that i’ll switch to call options in a downturn. but i’ll withdraw 100k from the ira over 3 years, 50k for school, and the other 50k in ibkr for cash secured puts on margin.
anyways thats the plan lol.