Help: Schweser topics for CFA Level 2 preparation

Hi all, I have started my CFA Level 2 preparation jst 2 weeks back…before that I was busy with my college exams…I am done with Portfolio Mgmt, Fixed Income…and will complete Financial reporting in another weeks time. I m at my home till mid of may after that I will have to join my workplace. I want opinion regarding schweser study material. What all topics can safely be covered from scheweser packages???..(for the rest I will try to stick to CFA Institute material). In anticipation of reply…

in anticipation of reply what… why do u leave us hanging like that…oh cruel world!!!

my opinion is you should go to the Level 2 Board.

zenith_89 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi all, > > I have started my CFA Level 2 preparation jst 2 > weeks back…before that I was busy with my > college exams…I am done with Portfolio Mgmt, > Fixed Income…and will complete Financial > reporting in another weeks time. I m at my home > till mid of may after that I will have to join my > workplace. > > I want opinion regarding schweser study material. > What all topics can safely be covered from > scheweser packages???..(for the rest I will try > to stick to CFA Institute material). > > In anticipation of reply… we are holding our breaths too.

Guys, ALMOST every1 who is visiting this thread (CFA Level 3) must have cleared CFA Level 2 or would have given an attempt to it…so just by their personal experience I wanted to know that what all topics can be covered from Schweser??..i know nothing can said for sure but I want to have an idea so that I could plan out study sessions for the remaining days…

personally I would say the ethics portion, the quant portion, and maybe the swaps material. At the very least you should do the end of chapter questions in all the CFAI material. good luck

I read only ethics (as usual) and a decent amount of FSA from CFAI. More or less I did the consolidation methods readings in CFAI, and then from there I read schweser but made sure I could do CFAI EoC questions (if i couldn’t i would read the section, but i don’t think this was an issue). For every single other topic, i didn’t touch the god awful CFAI books. I’m sure you already know this, but LII is very challenging and I don’t think 2 months is enough time unless you are stephen hawking

There is a tendency for the Schweser materials to use different style of language compared to the real exam. You just need to compare the item sets in the Schweser Practice Exam vs the item sets in the CFAI EOCs and you will know what I mean. zenith_89 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi all, > > I have started my CFA Level 2 preparation jst 2 > weeks back…before that I was busy with my > college exams…I am done with Portfolio Mgmt, > Fixed Income…and will complete Financial > reporting in another weeks time. I m at my home > till mid of may after that I will have to join my > workplace. > > I want opinion regarding schweser study material. > What all topics can safely be covered from > scheweser packages???..(for the rest I will try > to stick to CFA Institute material). > > In anticipation of reply…

starting this late for Level 2 sounds like a disaster to me whether you use Schweser or CFAI; my memory of Level 2 was just that it was an obnoxious amount of material that I’m happy to be on the other side of. With that said, I used Schweser exclusively for Level 2 and passed on the 2nd try. (1st attempt was 100% Schweser and band 9). I felt they do a pretty good job condensing the curriculum down into the testable stuff. But moving from Level 1 to Level 2, you should be psychologically preparing yourself for something brutal the likes of which neither curriculum will leave you feeling prepared for. I’m sure you’ve read as much in other threads. Good luck.

@markCFAIL, gjertsen: Guys u r right…I am finding the curriculum far tougher than that of Level 1…all I m hoping is that my MBA with Finance majors would come to my rescue…