Help! Sell-side jr. analyst interview

I recently started a thread about questions asked during a buy side jr. analyst phone interview. I received some very helpful and insightful responses. Now, I have a 30 minute phone interview with a sr. analyst for an entry-level equity analyst position on the SELL SIDE. From people with experience in these types of interviews, how do these usually flow? What are some typical questions that the sr. analyst would ask? Thank you in advance for your help.

Do you salt your steak? Sorry, slow day…

haha! Nice. I saw that post earlier. Hopefully I will not face the dreaded steak test.

DC Zanini Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > haha! Nice. I saw that post earlier. Hopefully I > will not face the dreaded steak test. I’d love a steak test…free steak!

“So, we want you to write up a buy/sell report for client XYZ. Oh, by the way, we’re in talks with XYZ to float $500MM of new equity for them. You got any issue with that?”

Give me your long/short pitches in the industry we cover.

Scroll back to posts from last week to see this question comprehensively answered. You can also find variations on this theme done plenty of times in the past if you run a search.

Wow – this is exactly the type of question that nobody has ever asked or even answered on this forum before… Nice “research” skills. Sounds like you really want that job.

Underperform and $0.00 target.

kcin Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Underperform and $0.00 target. got a good laugh out of this

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Wow – this is exactly the type of question that > nobody has ever asked or even answered on this > forum before… > > Nice “research” skills. Sounds like you really > want that job. He’ll probably land a job paying 50-60K with up to a 20% bonus.