Help! Valid Photo ID

Hello, This would be the most stupid reason of not being able to get into the exam bc my passport and driver licence expired. Does anyone know if you can get a non-photo ID the same day from DMV??? I cannot find out until monday morning when I will go to DMV but word on the street is that you are not able to get it the same day… Can I get it the same day??? Thanks

dmv varies by state you should probably go to the website for your state

I did…only that its not clear…i take it that it takes a month …

that sucks. In Arizona, I got my DL same day AND mine doesn’t expire until my 65th birthday.

do you by chance belong to AAA also? a lot of states you can renew drivers licenses there and do it same day. you need to sort this out and fast my friend- that would be a disaster of a reason to miss this test. there has to be some way to get a driver’s license renewed same day- or even if you don’t get the hard copy, they’d give you a temporary- which should fly i’d think. good luck

or try state id … if that will work. I guess this is a wake up call to all others - CHECK YOUR IDs and make sure it’s not expired. I believe someone else had gotten a fake ticket issued for flying out of the country in the next couple of days - and then used that to get a new passport issued immediately. Try that as well.

bannisja Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > do you by chance belong to AAA also? a lot of > states you can renew drivers licenses there and do > it same day. you need to sort this out and fast > my friend- that would be a disaster of a reason to > miss this test. there has to be some way to get a > driver’s license renewed same day- or even if you > don’t get the hard copy, they’d give you a > temporary- which should fly i’d think. > > good luck You should check if a temp will be ok - they don’t have your photo on it. I would call CFAI on Monday and ask them, frankly. They may be able to work something out with your testing center.

THANKS everybody for your input! I have been reading on the DMV site for NY and all I take is that it takes 4 weeks ( how is that possible in a world of technology???)…well its my fault too for procrastinating!!!..I could also call the CFA institute and another thing …getting an american passport could be faster?? I just became an american citizen…

the passport is probably a no-go, passport rush service takes 2-3 weeks edit: from http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/get/processing/processing_1740.html

Goto Arizona, rent the cheapest apartment you can find and get a driver’s license the same day.

cpk123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > or try state id … if that will work. > > I guess this is a wake up call to all others - > CHECK YOUR IDs and make sure it’s not expired. > > I believe someone else had gotten a fake ticket > issued for flying out of the country in the next > couple of days - and then used that to get a new > passport issued immediately. Try that as well. Yep… that would be me! I called a travel agent i knew, got her to put together a travel itinerary saying I was leaving the country within the next 14 days (has to be within this time frame otherwise you can’t expidite the passport). Then, I scheduled an appointment with the regional passport office in Houston (has to be a regional office, they’re the only ones who expidite). I paid $180 and got the passport about 4 days later (using standard priority mail, you have the option to do next day delivery for a fee). Bring every form of ID you have, social security card, birth certificate, expiried drivers licence, credit cards, etc… they were real nazis about this. The lady literally photocopied my blockbuster card. If you can’t get a travel agent to do the itinerary for you, you’re best served by buying a cheap international flight and eating the cost (or buy refundable). Good Luck!

What are you scoring on the mock exams? I’ll let you borrow my ID and ticket if you are >70 in most subjects.

I am going to the post office to check the passport possibility.,…one more thing! are actually able to get in touch with a live person if u call the cfa insitute ???..My only hope is that I could work things out on that …My only hope!!! advice for everybody : check ur IDs…this would really suck…instead on spending time on studying , I go around with phone calls, messages and posting …My fault and I am paying for it !!! But I wonder how much leniant the cfa could be since the test exam is such a nazi place ???

Post office won’t work… you have to contact a regional passport office http://travel.state.gov/passport/fri/schedule/schedule_852.html That details how to set up an appointment.

you should get a live person if you call the institute - i did earlier this month when i needed to call about my ticket

ok…i found a rush service for 360 in ny but I need itinerary …really? if u know a travel agent can u get it just like that ?? not that i know one :frowning: but will try to pull some strings…

http://travel.state.gov/passport/fri/schedule/schedule_852.html Go To This Website… seriously, its only $160 if you already have a picture, and you can have it next day. No need to spend $360.

Thanks everybody! I wasted 6 hours from my studying to realize that I actually have the certificate of naturalization which i received when i got my citizenship ( current and valid ( no expiration on it since it is for life) , emitted by a government agency with a photo on it, date of birth and name !!! so that should be ok since this is used as support for getting a passport, right ? The only thing is that it looks like a diploma :)) P.S And I am taking the cfa exam level 2 but that didnt cross my mind ! DUH!!! This document should be ok , right??? Give me hope people but I honestly think that it is… 2. Identification: Your identification must meet all of the following criteria: 1) Be current and valid − it cannot be expired. 2) Contain your photo. 3) Be issued by a government agency. 4) Be a single document (not a combination of two or more pieces of identification, such as an expired photo driver’s license with a separate renewal certificate). 5) Be an original document. Photocopies of identification documents will not be accepted. You will not be permitted to sit for the exam with an invalid identification. Use of invalid identification will result in CFA Institute voiding your exam results. The CFA Institute preferred form of identification is a valid passport. School and university identification will not be accepted for admittance to the CFA exam.