Here come the HF layoffs

JP Morgan’s Highbridge cuts 10% of employees-NYT

So that’s what, 50 employees, tops? Meanwhile real firms are laying off thousands.

Real firms? I guess the fixed income HF manager i work for with $500 mil FUM but only 20 employees doesn’t count as a real firm. Real firms have overheads right? But seriously, we’re not looking too good at the moment either. The corporate bond market has all but stopped trading and marking to market in this illiquid environment is absolutely killing us.

There aren’t too many hedge funds looking too good at the moment. In fact, I’f say more than 95%.

stokey99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Real firms? I guess the fixed income HF manager i > work for with $500 mil FUM but only 20 employees > doesn’t count as a real firm. Real firms have > overheads right? > > But seriously, we’re not looking too good at the > moment either. The corporate bond market has all > but stopped trading and marking to market in this > illiquid environment is absolutely killing us. I work at a FI fund too. I feel your pain, brother. The whole corporate bond market is for sale.

“I feel your pain, brother” WHAT ARE YOU HULK HOGAN?

OK, I should have rephrased, but my point stands.

Rydex Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “I feel your pain, brother” > > WHAT ARE YOU HULK HOGAN? Not even the The Hulkster could withstand the sorts of margin calls we’re receiving. It’s all about PB relationships at this stage of the game.

stokey99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Rydex Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > “I feel your pain, brother” > > > > WHAT ARE YOU HULK HOGAN? > > > Not even the The Hulkster could withstand the > sorts of margin calls we’re receiving. It’s all > about PB relationships at this stage of the game. Good thing we have been treating them right over the past few years, if you catch my drift :wink:

well they certainly love to keep clipping the ticket, that’s for sure! nothing comes free unfortunately.

Rydex Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “I feel your pain, brother” > > WHAT ARE YOU HULK HOGAN? If I was I wouldn’t have to do this crap for a living :slight_smile: