Hey...Great...35yo Ex-GS Banker in charge of the largest investment fund ever!

Hey, great, somebody with a ton of experience. http://www.nydailynews.com/money/2008/10/06/2008-10-06_henry_paulson_names_former_goldman_sachs.html Just f’ing great.

C’mon the guy is a rocket scientist that went to Wharton!

fxguy1234 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > C’mon the guy is a rocket scientist that went to > Wharton! At the ripe old age of 35, I am sure he can’t go wrong with allocating 700bn. What I find interesting is that the defense budget is about $100BN less for this year, but is allocated by Admirals and Generals that have as much military experience as this guy has breathing experience. Is he really the best guy for the job? Out of all of the choices available? Doesn’t it smack of favortism?

spierce Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > fxguy1234 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > > At the ripe old age of 35, I am sure he can’t go > wrong with allocating 700bn. I have no problems with it… It is almost like being the President of the United States at the ripe old age of 47.

That age is good! He’s not likely to be as tainted to corruption.

There have been younger “wunderkinds.” Obama is only 10 years older than him and is gunning for US presidency - arguably a much tougher proposition. Kennedy was younger than Obama. If the guy is smart, learns quickly and applies what he learns, then I have no problem with it. After all what has age and experience gotten us into in the first place - this financial mess!!

I believe Sarah Palin or Chuck Norris could have made a better choice.

I like the monkey and the dart board approach.

I think Paulson mentioned that he filtered by haircut to get to his pick

I second Chuck Norris for CIO of Strategery Capital, LLC.

Wait, is he a CFA Charterholder? He’s bald :slight_smile:

spierce Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > > At the ripe old age of 35, I am sure he can’t go > wrong with allocating 700bn. > > What I find interesting is that the defense budget > is about $100BN less for this year, but is > allocated by Admirals and Generals that have as > much military experience as this guy has breathing > experience. > > Is he really the best guy for the job? Out of all > of the choices available? Doesn’t it smack of > favortism? I’m actually more comfortable with Paulson picking this guy, an ex-Goldman guy, because Paulson would have had at least *some* interaction with the guy before, compared to a complete outsider. Sure there is favoritism there (sorry to tell ya but kinda the way the world works), but what more does Paulson have to go from? He can hopefully attest directly to the guy’s work ethic at Goldman. Plus, this dude definitely has the credentials.

neel cashncarry

post a link!

…where he headed Goldman’s information technology security investment banking practice in San Francisco…

They should replace him with Palin, lol.

I have no issues with this guy. I think many people here are just pissed with any leader to come and take the stage with this crisis - - haha. Its all good.

If Sarah Palin is qualified to be VP, then anyone is qualified to be anything he wants.