Hi to all

Haha laugh I went to look up the word in dictionary. As a non-native-E-speaker, I just thought that was a typo. Now I understand why you native English speakers got confused.

TheLakeHouse, you’ve been hired as the new AF translator. Congrats!

The ethics section has to be an absolute bitch if you’re not fluent in English…probably best not to rely on the adjustment.

I guess yours is either Hungarian or Finnish :).

I took a basic Finnish course when living in Finland but gave up after 1 month partly because I just needed to read labels on food packages at the supermarkets or some basic instructions at ATMs :slight_smile: Plus, people there seem to be very good at English (and other popular European languages such as German, French, Spannish) ==> it discouraged my attempt. If they drop me in the middle China, for example, I would def learn to speak Chinese :smiley:

I don’t find much difficult with French but Finnish is another story. And when talking to a professor at my university in the US, he told me studying Hungarian is painful too cuz it belongs to different language system like Finnish :).

@FT:smiley

Yes, I’m Hungarian. Totally different language structure, ergo: totally different logic and way of thinking.

And true Finnish people are usually very good at languages while we are famously not. A lot of people who graduated from university in Hungary cannot officially get their diploma because they are not able to pass a foreign language exam.

Btw Finnish and Hungarian do not resemble either though supposedly they belong to the same origins but this theory has started to be questioned recently by scientists.

I feel a little guilty when “driving” the topic to the discussion on languages but I cannot help commenting more about it.

I observed that many Finnish TV programs were broadcasted with English audibles and Finnish subtitles instead of the vice versa. For kids who have not been able to read, they cannot understand subtitles when watching cartoons, for example, .so they have to passively hear English. Graduadually they get used to the new language … Also, many people there prefer going aroad (normally other European countries) to work due to high taxes in their homeland. They might get married to foreigners and have half-blood kids who are supposed to be good at both their mother and father’s languages. I have a friend who is half Finnish, half Portugese; she is fluent in 5 different languages. Respect!

Im new too. Please suggest me as well.

Are the cfa books enough? I can’t be wasting my cash on this crap.

short answer yes

funniest post ever…

Also, by retail banking…do you really mean part-time teller?

This has to be pinned.