Highest bonus of someone you know personally?

BiPolarBoyBoston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What do ya’ll do to command these bonuses? Bribes, secret handshakes? I’m not sure; I have yet to command a lifestyle-changing bonus. But seriously, work for a firm that rewards bringing in profits. Then, bring in profits to said firm. It’s all about what you bring to the bottom line. Also, don’t think that you can bring in profits and expect a firm to ‘take care of you’. You have to do your work up front on that or you’ll be paid in atta-boys.

90 million… energy trader in 07

My manager got 80k last yr, while i took home 1/4 of that.

I used to work as a prop trader and the compensation was 100% bonus. The best trader there made at least 10 million in bonus (from 2003 to 2007, the years I was there) and was featured in Trader Monthly. He was even in the front cover one month. His main bread and butter is the 10 year Treasury bond futures where he clips 1,000 contracts. I heard from a friend still in the business and working in the same office that he had an even better year in 2008. He made 3 million in one day twice during the credit crisis last September and October trading S&Ps minis. He is purely a technical trader by the way. A few others made just over 1 million a year.

I just got really horny during the course of this thread

BiPolarBoyBoston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > $50 gas card at my place. No joke. Reminds me of The Office when he’s talking about how great the perks are that come with his job. “…and I get a $100 gas card…can’t put a price on that…”

BiPolarBoyBoston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just got really horny during the course of this > thread we wont look down on you for that. it could be one of the extreme highs related to bi-polar…

$1mil for me…

golfer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > $1mil for me… Pics (of paystub) or it didn’t happen :stuck_out_tongue:

A guy at my place got £220k, in '06 no doubt he did better in '07 but I don’t know what he got

A bottle of johnny walker and a gun

Greenspan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > BiPolarBoyBoston Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > $50 gas card at my place. No joke. > > Reminds me of The Office when he’s talking about > how great the perks are that come with his job. > > “…and I get a $100 gas card…can’t put a price > on that…” I was pissed that I didn’t get the $50 gas card. O wells can always hope for next year.

goldenboy09 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 90 million… energy trader in 07 Do you actually know brian hunter?

a) Amaranth went down in 2006 b) Hunter made >100 million when he was at Amaranth c) He’s a nat gas trader

True enough, though nat gas = energy.

^ Amaranth is still open, and is actually returning quite well this year…though it has a miniscule book now. My current manager worked for them for 3 months in 06’ until it imploded…perfect timing. :slight_smile: What I learned about that place is that it was a cool place to work - gourmet chef, video arcades…this was in the good ol’ days of course.

$1MM bonus is not unusual on sell-side research (although reserved for star analysts)…

mp2438 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^ Amaranth is still open, and is actually > returning quite well this year… Yeah, except for the fact that they already returned 93% of their post-blow up capital to investors, which leaves them with about $350.00 and a dinner tab to manage.

^ Yeah, it’s pretty much…“we’ll give you back the money you gave owe us as long as you don’t sue me,” and they’ve convinced investors to stick around by employing the good ol’ “if you sue, we need to put aside capital for legal fees, etc”. Sucks to be them.

My friend’s cousin worked with Hunter at Amaranth