2005 A/B: 36% / 34%

2006 A/B: 40% / 39%

2007 A/B: 40% / 39%

2008 A/B: 35% / 35%

2009 A/B: 46% / 34%

2010 A/B: 42% / 36%

2011 A: 39%

good luck tomorrow.

How did you get on a level 3 this year Builders?

Oh yeah…

Is this post suppose to encourage the candidates or discourage them? seems more like the latter

why is december consistent lower than June pass rate?

It may be a hidden conspiracy to screw all the repeat takers that failed June and registered again for Dec ?

So, really, you guys just need to be ten percentile points or so better than average. Should be easy, right? I mean, half the people who take this test barely speak English or are firefighters.

As a boardmember, I feel that it my duty to prevent disparaging firefighters.

yea some of you people need to relax a bit. First off, tons of people show up at L1 to “see what the test is like” which means nearly guaranteed to fail. Then you got 1 of 3 chances to guess right. So if 70% is passing, that’s 168 Q’s you need correct. you only need to nail 132 Q’s and guess on the next 108 (statistically you’ll guess 36 Q correctly) and viola you got the 168 Q to pass. So essentially you only need a 55% to pass. And factor out all the people who barely speak English or are so stressed they have a sink explosion and you actually have a great chance of passing by default. piece. of. cake.

so is it true that English speaking people have a higher passing rate than non English speaking candidates? I seriously doubt so, in China and India, they have a thriving industry of exam coaching, shortcut and techniques that help people with extremely low English level to pass the CFA without much difficulty. I believe that if you are able to look at the passing rate of non English speaking candidates, you will be shock at how well these people can do on the exam even though they can’t barely speak a word of English!

i can’t tell if this is irony or sarcasm

Band 4. but hey, at least I’m at Level 3 which is more than tens of thousands of people will ever be able to say

I took the exam for the first time in June and got a band 10 After taking the December, I feel a little more confident, yet I am still driving myself crazy… I know I got at least 8-10 wrong (stupid fucking over thinking on my part) I definitely knew more on the exam this time than I did last time. I also caught some errors when going over the exam in the PM session, I hope I didn’t make too many simple mistakes. Hopefully the first time I didn’t get too lucky on my guesses and I got over the bump this time… I still had educated guesses on too many questions. I hate this wait…

I had to guess to much as well, but the educated guessing I feel is just part of what the exam is like. CFAI doesn’t want generic, jump-right-out-at-you correct answer choices…they WANT you to have to reason. Sure, some questions are easy and you know the answer straight away, but a lot of the challenge is getting those reasoning type questions right.

Yes, English speaking countries have higher CFA pass rates than the rest of the world, although the difference is small between those countries and Asian countries. http://www.cfainstitute.org/about/press/release/Pages/08192008_16452.aspx Besides language, other factors might affect the results. For instance, if you’re in a poor country, you won’t be able to afford expensive test preparation services (although, rampant piracy of Schweser material might negate this). Also, people in developing countries tend to view the CFA as a gateway credential, so those candidates are likely to not have professional finance backgrounds. People in Asia also tend to not study finance in universities, instead favoring technical subjects. Results in other countries should be considered taking all this into account.