Historical Pass Rates

Where can I get that link to the historical pass rates. It was on the CFAI website somewhere. I know last year it was 50%, but I want to see historical averages.

67% ish according to M. Conover at Philly prep seminar in mid April

http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/pdf/candidate_results.pdf

seems like every 10 years or so the pass rate spikes up to ~80%. man, it sure would suck to fail that year… 4/5 people passed, but you, no, you are a loser.

in 06 it was 76%. imagine failing that to write it in 07 where the pass rate was 50%.

I’d expect this year to have a pretty high pass rate not because the exam will be easier but because the plethora of people who failed last year will be rewriting it this year. Second time around is generally easier.

^my fear is that the retakers will outperform me :*(

agreed big willy, also the pass rate for Level II was rather low last year which means fewer first takers too.

i think we will own this test and beat 96% highest passing rate this year

Can you imagine how bad it would feel to be one of the ten people that didn’t pass in 1964?

in 1964, all you had to do to pass was show up physically. 1/10 didn’t show up.

well, that is 80% of success (according to Woddy Allen)

AbbeFaria Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Can you imagine how bad it would feel to be one of > the ten people that didn’t pass in 1964? I was in a ski patrol competition once and the event was handling a sled down some tough terrain. I got the sled down the tough terrain fine and on the run-out I fell down and the sled ran over my leg and I had to be attended to by other patrolmen. So yep, I can imagine.