hitting my head against the wall

I am L II candidate and I envy all of you who passed the worst level of it all… You guys, to me, are on top of world already, I think you guys will all pass the last of it. Good luck

passme - this is the worst level of it all

would rather be taking level 2 again than studying this crap - level 2 was hard, but i learned so much. so much of the l3 material is weird and seemingly useless. WHo gives a rats ass about all the different ways of contructing an index? I’ll take all the valuation over a snoozefest like implementation shortfall any day of the week. L3 is by far the worst.

passme Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am L II candidate and I envy all of you who > passed the worst level of it all… > You guys, to me, are on top of world already, I > think you guys will all pass the last of it. > Good luck How do you know it is the worst level of all – you are only on the 2nd exam? L3 is by far the worst. Makes L2 look easy in my opinion.

CFASniper Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > wake2000 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > who else think L3 is easier than L2? Im > crushing > > this test. > > > It’s a weird one. With L1 and L2 I almost always > knew where I stood. I don’t know how much I know > this time around… esp. the subjectivity of it all > is a killer. > > Having said that, the subject matter is far easier > than that at L2. IMHO Agreed. I also think, frankly, I am a little burned out: L1, L2-twice, then all the series exams, difficulty of new job. Been in NYC for nearly 3yrs, but still feel like I haven’t fully enjoyed it. Bah, gotta get it done. Cannot be here next year.

CFASniper Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > wake2000 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > who else think L3 is easier than L2? Im > crushing > > this test. > > > It’s a weird one. With L1 and L2 I almost always > knew where I stood. I don’t know how much I know > this time around… esp. the subjectivity of it all > is a killer. > > Having said that, the subject matter is far easier > than that at L2. IMHO I think you hit it on the head L3 is such a moving target. There are so many linkages from SS to SS it scares the crap out of me. I never would like to go back to L2 but L3 is so deep it scares the hell out of me on what may show up. I think all you can do is study do the questions and hope your strong parts show up on the exam.

I wished there is a L3 for December this year.

That would be killer

I just want to share that i found a way to increase the absorption rate while reading the CFA text. As you guys know, this year’s Schweser materials are gone case and thus there are no more tools to increase productivity. When you read the CFA text, you need to use your eyes and brain to read to yourself. So what I found was that if you can get the computer to read the text to yourself while you read, you actually use an additional sensory faculty which really helps a lot. For those who purchase the e-books can do this already.