hours of studying right now?

Just curious for those who have started studying, it seems like you guys are flying through the CFAI books pretty fast. So i am curious, how many hours are you guys putting in each week.

8-14 hours, but I’m still in skimming mode… Just trying to do a general overview of the curriculum so i’ll be on par with candidates who already took L2…

I am putting in about the same as Johnny. I am hoping to have a good foundation for all of the material as well as a pretty detailed understanding of books 1 - 4 by the end of the year. That will leave me Jan - Mar to hammer down on Derivatives and Alternative Investments and then April and May to test and tweak. Hopefully it will work… Best, TheChad

hour or so every day, a few hrs a day on the wkend.

i study from 730-9 every weekday for now. in january, i will begin 615-930

I read through Quant & Econ (no problems) but I’ve decided to wait until Schweser comes out.

Zero, especially after reading Covel’s “Trend Following.” I’m debating whether to continue on.

stuck in quant, week was wasted, but now that it is getting colder, I expect to be done with book 1 inside the next week or so

For CFA level 2 already exam takers, is the level 2 CFAexam that much precise or difficult to the point that if u miss 2 vignettes only will make u fail the exam ???

a vignette is a item set consisting of 6 questions related to a case study which could be anywhere from 1 to 1.5 pages long. You have 10 such vignettes in each session of the exam, comprising a total of 120 questions in the exam for L2. Hence each individual question is worth a total of 3 points. So go figure how many you can get wrong. also would advice you to do some reading on the CFA Institute information website before you posted these questions on the site.

cpk123 Wrote: > > also would advice you to do some reading on the > CFA Institute information website before you > posted these questions on the site. + 1

steve_ch7, yeah, you don’t want to post too frequently about nothing and end up with stats that look like: Posts: 2,739 Date Registered: Saturday, May 17, 2008 at 06:35PM

not flying at all. 1-3 hrs a week in sept. all i’ve gotten through is quant (well, have to do the time series q’s today but then i’ll have finished quant for now). this is my 2nd time around, so it goes faster. now it’s oct, will try to get to maybe 5 hrs a week. my goal oct is a solid read through econ and perhaps start FI. wow daj, that’s a lot of posts. i’ve been here since early '07 and I feel like I post a lot… you have me beat by 1k posts. GO SOX tonight. Cubs, I hope you can pull off the miracle comeback.

^ edit- whoops just checked sports, didn’t realize the cubs played last night. F manny and sorry my chi-town brothers.

bannisja Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^ edit- whoops just checked sports, didn’t realize > the cubs played last night. F manny and sorry my > chi-town brothers. come on bannis, how can you not root for the dodgers?? Torre in the playoffs, yanks not? with manny and nomar, it’s bosox west! btw… i’m calling my niners pulling off the big upset against your pats today. you heard it here first… and i’m starting jt osullivan against them in fantasy. although carson palmer is my other option, so i don’t have much of an option.

i’m a broncos fan actually, but i will take this bet easily. i have favre (bye week) and big ben (vs j-ville good D), so I actually picked up Cassell and am starting him. Had to drop Nick Barnett and go down to no subs on my defenders, but I’m ok with that for a week. Will drop Cassell once he drives my boys to victory this weekend. I’m strangely going up against JT…so good luck to you, your team, but with 2 weeks of planning and bellicheck all over the pats, I’d call a 2-3 TD day for Cassel and Frank Gore having a hard time getting past line of scrimmage. He’s going to be on his back more than… hmm… if only daj were a female this would have such potential. Us bosox fans didn’t have great feelings about the manny departure and nomar on his way out was kind of a whiny b*tch as well. Derek Lowe… is he still there? Drunkard as he might be and awful in the regular season, 2004 was won in large part due to him in the playoffs. I can root for that I guess. Torre is solid, I also approve of him. So good luck SF, but I have a feeling that they’ll get crushed today. My broncs vs TB. I am hoping we finally can plug up the run- no way we make any sort of good run with a D as bad as they’ve been so far. Ok, back to a few time series questions to finish up this chapter before football!

16 hours on weekends, maybe one or two weeknights if I can be bothered.

I’m probably doing about 6-8 hrs per week, but most of it is on weekends. I’m focusing on the Equity section, since it’s a big section and I did surprisingly badly on it last year. That FCF reading is sooooo dry.

1 hour a day including weekends. Its a little slow. Get tempted with other offers now and then (movies, dine outs etc).