Hours per week average right now?

I am trying to average 6-12 hrs per week right now. Goal is to hit minimum 2 hrs per day in the AM but work can interfere. Have you guys started studying on the weekend in addition to the weekdays yet? I haven’t started my Saturday studying but am thinking it may be time. Usually only do all 7 days the last month.

My goal is 12 hours per week until the last week when I plan to hit roughly 60. I just started a couple weeks ago and have about 20 hours in right now. Work makes it really hard to do anything in the week, so I’m trying to do 10 hours on the weekends with a couple hours in the middle of the week.

OK So just to clarify, you are putting in 10 hours on weekends??? That means your working full time and then 10 hours on Sat and Sun? Just want to be sure

The bulk of my studying gets done on the weekends. After work, my brain is so fried after working these marathon hours that my reading comprehension falls to that of a 3rd grader. I think its pretty essential to get at least some studying done on the weekends as your mind will be fresh.

bpdulog Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The bulk of my studying gets done on the weekends. > After work, my brain is so fried after working > these marathon hours that my reading comprehension > falls to that of a 3rd grader. I think its pretty > essential to get at least some studying done on > the weekends as your mind will be fresh. I agree with you. It’s definitely difficult to focus after sitting and looking at a monitor all day. On the weekends, I usually wake up early in the morning (around 7-8) and try to put 3-4 hours, go to gym and put another 2-3 hours afternoon. Anyway, good luck everyone.

dhyun3 Wrote: > I agree with you. It’s definitely difficult to > focus after sitting and looking at a monitor all > day. On the weekends, I usually wake up early in > the morning (around 7-8) and try to put 3-4 hours, > go to gym and put another 2-3 hours afternoon. > > Anyway, good luck everyone. Yeah, I think the quality of study time in the weekend is much better than on weekdays after work.

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > OK So just to clarify, you are putting in 10 hours > on weekends??? That means your working full time > and then 10 hours on Sat and Sun? Just want to be > sure 5 hours Saturday, 5 hours Sunday. I just put in 70 hours M-F (only b/c it’s earnings season) so I didn’t do any studying during the week.

I started in late Dec, have logged ~75 hours, and just finished Study Session 8 (AA). Essentially going through Stalla Videos, Stalla Study Guides, Stalla EOCs, and all CFAi EOCs. Lately I’m averaging 12-14 hours per week. I’d like to increase this to 15-18 until May and then step it up to 20-25 for the final push.

take a nap when you get back from work. i work ~11hr days (7am - 6pm) and then get home about 615 (oh yea i live .5miles from my office) check personal email etc then nap until about 730. I get up at 730, make a PBJ or get a quick dinner and study from about 8:30 ~ 11

i work, then work out, then study 2 hours hollar!! Thats the plan anyway. Also add a glass of red wine to the mix

Yep wake2000, red wine is a good idea!

builders Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > take a nap when you get back from work. i work > ~11hr days (7am - 6pm) and then get home about 615 > (oh yea i live .5miles from my office) check > personal email etc then nap until about 730. I get > up at 730, make a PBJ or get a quick dinner and > study from about 8:30 ~ 11 yikes…its guys like you that make me realize i need to step up my game

Getting in about 12 -20 hours per week mostly after work. My job is brainless and has nothing to do with finance, so I even study at work, and while riding the stationary bike after work. Have been skiing on the weekends this year. It’s gonna be hard to give that up like last spring. Bottom line: CFA has ruined large portions of my life. The return on my investment in the CFA will likely continue to be negative for at least the next decade or so. If I could go back a few years, I’d tell myself to steer clear of this worthless black hole of wasted time.

Completely cut workouts now to 2-3 times a week at best. Trying to study 3-4hrs per night then hopefully 4-5hrs per weekend day. I’m gunna have to step up that weekend time in the last two months to 6-8hrs per day though for exams…

How do you read the book while on a stationary bike? Do you have some kind of book stand to hold the heavy volume?

aight yo… you all better step up your game. i have reviewed the material once in entirety (remember nothing) and have resolved to get 2 hours per week day in, plus 4-6 hours on Saturday… has anyone else got nervous and increased their hours?

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > aight yo… you all better step up your game. i > have reviewed the material once in entirety > (remember nothing) and have resolved to get 2 > hours per week day in, plus 4-6 hours on > Saturday… has anyone else got nervous and > increased their hours? Yup. I blank out on some of the essay questions. It’s tough when the answers aren’t provided to you flat out.

In addition to logging in hours in while dropping deuces, I am also doing the stationary bike thing @ the gym. I find it easier on the bikes where you have a back rest. It actually works pretty good.

I used to spend a tonne of time doing readings on a stationary (recumbant style) bike at the gym. The only machine where I can comfortably read. The best now is that I have the audio books so I can study anywhere! Usually on my commute to work. Lately I’ve been studying about 10-12 hours per week. I started at the beginning of January and am at about 75 hours now. I plan to step this up to 16, 18, each month and I will crank it up to 25-30 in the last two weeks. I usually study about 3-4 hours on each weekend day and about 1-1.5 hours on Monday - Thursday. I have a rule that I never study on Fridays, it’s my day off! Good luck.

I started with 15 hours per week in September to December. I have stepped down to 8 - 10 hours per week and will maintain that tempo till May before dropping further to 5 - 7 hours per week. Last week before exam, I will do 30 hours. Worked for me in Levels 1 & 2. Preparing for this exam is a marathon not a sprint.