How a not-so-intelligent pass CFA Dec 2010

I am 26yo, I am not very bright student like most of u here …and I only have a “Second LOWER Degree” but I passed the Dec 2010 CFA exam of which the passing rate is only 36% :slight_smile: My experience and tips: 1) Study the notes first before using the text books which help u to grasp a good understanding of the topics before embarking on the horrible-looking textbooks by CFA institute. 2) Listen to Mozart and upbeat music while studying. Take Ginko, Omega 3 and exercise for memory improvements. 4) Do at least 30 sets of 120 questions mock exam. If you do not have time to study the CFA text books, please do the questions at the back of each chapter. At least the MCQ ones. 5) Take the 2 mock tests offered by CFA institute - although it costs USD 80 for both sets, but the money is well spent, some questions came out from there. :slight_smile: 6) 80% 20% again…80% your hardwork, 20% luck 7) Pray to your god before and after your exam. That will give u strength to go on. For me, I pray to Kuan Yin goddess of mercy. Good luck for your CFA June 2011 and mine too!

Houjichasan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am 26yo, I am not very bright student like most > of u here …and I only have a “Second LOWER > Degree” but I passed the Dec 2010 CFA exam of > which the passing rate is only 36% :slight_smile: what is a second lower degree? > > My experience and tips: > > 1) Study the notes first before using the text > books which help u to grasp a good understanding > of the topics before embarking on the > horrible-looking textbooks by CFA institute. agree with wrt study notes. the books are actually quite good looking, its the material inside that can put you to sleep. > > 2) Listen to Mozart and upbeat music while > studying. Take Ginko, Omega 3 and exercise for > memory improvements. Did none of the above and passed. > > 4) Do at least 30 sets of 120 questions mock exam. 30 sets of 120 Qs.where do you get 30 half mocks? > If you do not have time to study the CFA text > books, please do the questions at the back of each > chapter. At least the MCQ ones. Agree.CFAI EOC s are an absolute MUST. > > 5) Take the 2 mock tests offered by CFA institute > - although it costs USD 80 for both sets, but the > money is well spent, some questions came out from > there. :slight_smile: You mean sample exams… didn’t take them so can’t comment. > > 6) 80% 20% again…80% your hardwork, 20% luck Agree > > 7) Pray to your god before and after your exam. > That will give u strength to go on. For me, I pray > to Kuan Yin goddess of mercy. I also prayed during the exam. > > Good luck for your CFA June 2011 and mine too! Good luck to you too.

confused2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > I also prayed during the exam. > lol … good one

i went to a chinese ( i am chinese) temple last month to pray for the coming level II exam to Kuan Yin and get one of those “fortune teller notes”. The note placed me in the “DOWN DOWN” categories which is the worst possible categories one can pray for. The follow portion of the prophecy is written on the note “The thing you are praying for is very very hard…”