How am I supposed to read all this??

Holy sh!t, I’ve been reading along the CFAI crap first then STalla, till I hit SS6 and its 150 or so pages long. I’m about half-way thru and decided to look ahead. A good amount of SS’s have 150-200 pages…that’s insane.

So I am almost through with my first CFA book (volume 2, cant start on ethics) and I’m thinking “how the heck am I going to get through all of these”… That being said, I have made a ton of flashcards so far with pieces of incremental knowledge that I am sure is not covered by Schweser/Stalla…

that is exectly when I freaked out! Too much reading, I’ve decided to do Stalla for now on (only 30-50 pages per session) and then supplement with CFAI… hope that works fo rme!!!

I know, i am freaking out myself, but i am pushing 20 pages per day CFAI and 40 on weekends so i am planning on finishing CFAI material latest mid April. From that it will be Schweser review

Etienne Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I had an introductory CFA Level III lecture this > week and the instructor, to my great delight, said > (almost verbatim): “if you’re thinking you have to > read all the CFAI and Schweser books between now > and June, you don’t. Use the reading materials to > support what we do in class. If you’re > comfortable on a section, skip all the reading and > just do questions.” Whoa, I would be careful following this advice. The instructor is giving their opinion, not stating a fact. CFAI is good at testing minutiae from the readings and I doubt this guy’s/woman’s classes can cover everything.

oh I have an idea - Why not read Stalla/Schweser first do the lecture and questions and then go to CFAI books and see if Stalla missed something… I’m brilliant!

Iwona, I meant that a guy named Maciej actually works for me in Dallas, not that I use the name “Maciej” for devious purposes.

haha that’s funny (I just chuckled ) sorry I misunderstood! my apologies for thinking that you pick up innocent ladies using some weird Polish name… that would never work. How’s studying? I got my lecture DVDs from STalla yesterday… but haven’t loaded them on my laptop yet!!!