How are we all doing on practice exams?

I wouldn’t worry about it too much. As an accounting major i barely even get 90% on just FSA due to stupid mistakes that i make. Sure i know 100% of it, but again, i am human. I was averaging low 70’s last week. I went back to all my weak areas and did 120MC tests on those alone, came back to do 120 CFA weighted and i am now in the 80’s. Just a suggestion :slight_smile: commstudent Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Wow that makes me feel awful. I am averaging in > the low 70s (and was confident till I read your > post). Back to the desk for me… > > gdiddy Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Hey everyone, > > > > I’m just doing a quick check in. I haven’t > been > > spending too much time on the forum lately–I’m > > busy studying, of course! > > > > But I wanted to drop in and ask how everybody > is > > performing on practice exams? I’ll post my > > results (these are all from QBank, with easy, > > medium, and hard questions all mixed together): > > > > Exam 1, Ethics, 60 questions:…80% > > Exam 2, Ethics, 60 questions:…77% > > Exam 3, Quant (SS2), 120 Q:…94% > > Exam 4, Quant (SS3), 120 Q:…93% > > Exam 5, Econ (All SS), 120 Q:…93% > > Exam 6, FSA (All SS), 120Q:…85% > > > > Ethics will needs some more work. I made some > > very stupid mistakes on the last exam on FSA. > > Most of it has to do with the fact that I’m > > answering these questions on the fly (during > break > > time at work, my commute, and lunch time). I > > haven’t really had the chance to set aside a > solid > > block of 3 hours for each 120 question exam. > > > > I plan on taking a full 120 question exam on > all > > subject areas once I finish reviewing > curriculum > > in SchweserPro (it’s basically a cliff notes > > version of everything from the readings). I’m > > also doing quick skimming of my notes and > > highlighted material in the CFA textbooks. > > > > How is everyone else doing?

> Exam 1, Ethics, 60 questions:…77% > > Exam 2, Ethics, 60 questions:…73% What do you guys think so far ?

I think they are OK given that we have 20+days to go. I also tried a 3 Full lenght 240 Qs assuming I’m sitting to the actual exam just this last 3 weeks. Ethics to Corporate Finance taken in PassMaster Portfolio to Alternative in 2007 book 6 of schweser 1st try - 68% 2nd - 73% Just recently (3rd) - 75% Has anyone here already tried answering the Practice exam of Stalla, just like the book 6 of schweser, and also tried to answer the book 6 of schweser? how would you compare their difficulty?

Update Exam 7, FSA/Corp Fin, 120 Q…83% —“scoring above 80-90% during break at work, commute, and lunch time? If this isn’t an ego trip I don’t know what is.” It isn’t, so I guess you answered your own question. Would you rather me not post my scores and just ask everyone how they’re scoring? Do you have a problem with taking your studies seriously?

Just finished Schweser Book 7 Exam 1PM and got 71% Mixed feelings, since Book 7 is definitely much harder than book 6 exam, if that’s an excuse at all. Is there n e one else working/planning to work on Book 7?

gdiddy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Update > > Exam 7, FSA/Corp Fin, 120 Q…83% > > —“scoring above 80-90% during break at work, > commute, and lunch time? If this isn’t an ego trip > I don’t know what is.” > > It isn’t, so I guess you answered your own > question. Would you rather me not post my scores > and just ask everyone how they’re scoring? Do you > have a problem with taking your studies seriously? You have really good scores. Could be the best score we ever heard of, so relax and don’t take studying to serios anymore :wink: Go out and party a bit…

Strangest thing. I got a 64 on a practice exam when I did the score as you go with answer explainations. The 58 I got over the weekend was with no explainations/score as you go. Does the Qbank have different questions allocated to these settings?

Fisher SU - I am planning on doing book 7, but haven’t yet. Planning to do the first one next week, as still working through book 6. But I am only getting 71% type marks on book 6!

It is not broken down like that for Schweser practice exam book. I took one the other day and scored 46%

KJH I dont think the questions are segregated at all, I think you might just be experiencing a little variation in your score. At least it is only 6% instead of a 20% swing or something.

i’ve been consistently in the mid 60s for about month and a half. i’ll study the areas i did poorly on, retake, then do poorly in a different section. it’s driving me nuts

I’m getting ~75% in the SchweserPro QBank 120-question curriculum-wide questions (full scope of difficulty.) Somehow I feel that the exam is going to be a lot more difficult than that. I am going to try to exhaust all the resources available to me by exam day.

dspapo, I am in the same boat. I get in the mid 60s and can’t get out of that range. It’s driving me crazy. At this point I am just looking to get through as many questions as possible to see where the holes are and hopefully it will improve. Good luck everyone!

dspapo and CFAmom - I am having similar troubles - except I was averaging about 70% last week, but went down to 65% this week after reviewing!! supersharpshooter - have you tried any of the online exams or vol. 1 & 2 exams from Schweser? I find they are more difficult than the Qbank most of the time. Have you tried any sample or mock exams from CFAI?

Nope. I have not tried any of those. I think I am going to start doing them about a week from today (I am going through the Schweser LOS index for one last time) There is no doubt in my mind as to the fact that the actual exam is not going to be as straightforward as SchweserPRO ;-(

Guys keep up the hard work. Don’t get discouraged. We still have about 3 weeks left. If you are scoring below the 60-70 range, then you need to go back and review the material. If you are in that range or above, just review the explanations to all answers to your practice exams to help close any holes in your body of knowledge–make sure to review all explanations, not just for the questions you got wrong! I took another practice exam in Qbank on Portfolio Management, 60 questions and scored 93%. I’m not a rocket a scientist or a genius–that’s JoeyD! I just study hard. Make sure you read the condensed curriculum provided by SchweserPro. You go through all the LOS’s quickly and it’s easier to retain the concepts.

I just did the first sample one that is free on the CFA site (60 questions) and got a 63% ehhh…

Schweser Book 7 Exam 2AM - 70% This is my second Book 7 exam, seems like i can’t break through that 75%. But most of today’s mistakes are due to plain stupidity like not reading the question at least 3 times. I have to find a way to make myself read most of the questions more than once before answering. In terms of learning new stuff, i maybe came across 10-12 questions that shed a new light, the rest of my wrong answers are due, as i sad, to my stupidity.

Oh Fisher … i got the exact same problem, I cant seem to figure out how to avoid the “stupid/silly” mistakes… reading the problem once again should help perhaps

am still reading economics. i should be done mid next week thats when I will start the questions. I really admire those of you that have advanced. I hope to catch up.