How are we all feeling?

I think I have a shot. No where near confident though.

I feel depressed…it seems that I am forgetting everything…

I’m praying. “Our father, which art in heaven…” I’m not 100% confident but I am seeing improvement in my reviewing process. I find I’m making a lot of silly mistakes. (ie Not reading the whole question because I’m worried about not having enough time to finish on exam day.)

I’m on the fence… I’m getting mid-70’s in Schweser QBank and book 6, got an 80 on the first cfa sample exam, gonna take another one… my only concern is that I am weak in SS9 so I have to keep pounding away at that

Glad 12 days remain to get things locked up. When I score in the 80’s on the book 6 or CFA mock exams, then i’ll start feeling better. Mid 70’s now has me still a bit shaky.

Yay KJH! If I could find book 6 flash cards, I would be happy. Did finish flash cards book 1-5. Mock #2 tomorrow morning. Anyone taken it yet? Still need to work on equation memorization and reading the ethics.

Amber I hope we’re still set for our June 7th date? I reserved the seat in front of me just for you :wink: In all seriousness how are you doing? During some slacking, I found that Dec was a 40% pass rate. I know I’m not the smartest one of the bunch, but I think I am at least in the top 40. After all, members of AF live, eat, sleep CFA. Candidates not on AF probably don’t get drilled everyday on how they are doing, what SS they are on, how hard the exam really is, etc.

feeling pretty good about most topics…need work on ss9 ss10 and a bit on FI…tired

LOL, I am closest to the bathroom…man I hope morning sickness is done in 2 weeks. I will know how I feel after mock #2 tomorrow. If I can hit 65% I will be happy.

you said it KJH, this forum is a serious form of motivation for me. i pop on during my breaks and read a few posts…panic a little…then go straight back to pounding out questions. thanks all

feel bad, real bad. 12 days and still need to go over a lot of topics. I am getting killed on quant and hard FSA questions. derivatives is a small part of exam, but not easy for me. Ethics, equity, and port mgmt, and alternative investments, and corp finance i feel ok. fixed income = a wild card. doing econ all day monday and FSA T-Friday

12 days is an eternity, keep pushing buddy, were almost there

Absolutely f----d up. I realize Schweser has not covered so many thinks. Since i started in only mid march, I had no choice but to look at them instead of CFAI books. Also I felt Qbank kind of stuff is only good for preparing basic untwisted Qs. The real exam seems very conceptual and indeed twisted. So, I know it is pretty much fail but let’s see. S

Most days, I don’t think I have a hope to pass…But I am finally getting into the mid-high 70’s on the book 6 exams! Trying the first book 7 exam and will do my first mock this week…

saurya_s Can you give examples of what topics Schweser didn’t cover? The way you say “so many things” is kind of alarming…

The other day, one of friends mentioned ‘Levered/Unlever Beta’ to me, something which I’d never heard of… Schewser didn’t cover it. However, it’s only small, and quite unlikely to come up. I still reckon Scheweser covers all the core material, but there’s always a small chance of something unexpected coming up!

wood1000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The other day, one of friends mentioned > ‘Levered/Unlever Beta’ to me, something which I’d > never heard of… Schewser didn’t cover it. > However, it’s only small, and quite unlikely to > come up. I still reckon Scheweser covers all the > core material, but there’s always a small chance > of something unexpected coming up! I spoke about this topic (and others like this) to Doug Van Eaton, guy at schweser, he said if it isn’t in the LOS, we wont be tested on it, hence its not included in schweser study material.

Schweser has left out formulas dealing with short term finance i.e. trade credit, letters of credit and commercial paper. For example: Calculate the implicit borrowing cost for a firm receiving the following trade credit terms and assume it repays on the 60th day: 2/10 net 60 Answer: (1+ 2/98)^(365/(60-10)) - 1 WTF??..was my reaction too until I dug into the curriculum

I am yet to give a single mock and am going to complete the syllabi only today. I think I am done. :frowning: I have 10 days hols though before June 7th. Hope to do something. But I am seriously rattled seeing all these scores and preps. Bad.

nirjraina, where is that formula in the curriculum? I don’t recall anything like that…