How are you guys doing?

Just thought I’d check out how the rest of the world is doing…its about 2.5 weeks to the exam…how much progress have you guys made? For me, I did all the Schweser qns and CFAI EOCs and am at my 2nd pass of the material, planning to hit the exam papers sometime next week. How are you guys doing?

lay your head on my pillow and just relax relax

Did the 3rd Morning exam of Schweser book 2 last night while watching old episodes of Futurama. Some of the material is pretty tough. I must admit, the Scwheser book 2 exams are rock hard.

Did Schweser books 1-2, 2007-2010 AM and doing afternoon mock tonight. Going through Stalla flash cards to cover alternative investments, fixed income in secret sauce, attribution in Stalla guides and institutional IPS in the Stalla vids and plan on rotating. Alot of this stuff escapes my head if I leave it alone for more than a week.

I’m going rogue, only doing the CFA curriculum. Going through third round of reading through the curriculum, did all of the EOC questions, did Sample 1, and planning on going through the prior year AM exams this weekend…Mock next weekend, plus personal note review sheets next weekend as well.

It is important to remember that analyst forum is the definition of sampling bias. The pass rate always appears to be >80%. My assumption is most people on this forum are well above how things are going for the general public.

certain posters make me genuinely hope that is true, paraguay

Speaking of that is the test only offered in English, or is available in all countries in local language? If only in English you have to assume USA/UK pass rates are higher just based on first language for essays.

I completed Book 2 of the Schweser Practice Exam. I did badly in the AM papers as I just having a hard time answering the qualitative questions. I can answer most of the quantitative questions because math is my home ground. However, I am still having problem calculating the required return for an individual planning.

bell99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I completed Book 2 of the Schweser Practice Exam. > I did badly in the AM papers as I just having a > hard time answering the qualitative questions. I > can answer most of the quantitative questions > because math is my home ground. However, I am > still having problem calculating the required > return for an individual planning. I wouldn’t get too hung up on this actually. Even if you totally mop it and still put the “return objectives” you might give away 8 points of 12. Not a huge concern.

Paraguay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Speaking of that is the test only offered in > English, or is available in all countries in local > language? > > If only in English you have to assume USA/UK pass > rates are higher just based on first language for > essays. it is in English, cannot imagine studying in english and taking test in my language… source CFAI June 2010 Exam Results by Region By region, the pass rates for the Level I, Level II, and Level III exams combined are: The Americas: 43 percent of the 40,830 total exam candidates Europe, Middle East, and Africa: 42 percent of the 25,311 total exam candidates Asia and Pacific Asia: 40 percent of the 45,590 total exam candidates

pfcfaataf Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Paraguay Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Speaking of that is the test only offered in > > English, or is available in all countries in > local > > language? > > > > If only in English you have to assume USA/UK > pass > > rates are higher just based on first language > for > > essays. > > > it is in English, cannot imagine studying in > english and taking test in my language… > > source CFAI > June 2010 Exam Results by Region > By region, the pass rates for the Level I, Level > II, and Level III exams combined are: > > > The Americas: 43 percent of the 40,830 total exam > candidates > Europe, Middle East, and Africa: 42 percent of the > 25,311 total exam candidates > Asia and Pacific Asia: 40 percent of the 45,590 > total exam candidates I would think level III is most biassed to that though. I have only seen aggregate as well.

agree

I am going rogue too. I am going to stick with the sample exams, the mock and the EOCs for questions/answers. I don’t have the money or the time for third party question banks.

all roads lead to Rome…

abushey31 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m going rogue, only doing the CFA curriculum. > Going through third round of reading through the > curriculum, did all of the EOC questions, did > Sample 1, and planning on going through the prior > year AM exams this weekend…Mock next weekend, > plus personal note review sheets next weekend as > well. I took this approach last year, needless to say I am still here. My problem with taking the above approach is that while EOC helps. CFAI mocks and samples focus on very specific items which may or may not be testable. This time, I have done all 6 of sch practice exams, BSAS mock and going to do the Sch mock this weekend. Making notes of mistakes. Also, done all the EOC 2x, all CFAI samples and mocks and last 3 years exam. Going through the material for the 3rd time and memorizing lists right now. Hopefully, this is “one last time”.

onelasttime Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > abushey31 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I’m going rogue, only doing the CFA curriculum. > > > Going through third round of reading through > the > > curriculum, did all of the EOC questions, did > > Sample 1, and planning on going through the > prior > > year AM exams this weekend…Mock next weekend, > > plus personal note review sheets next weekend > as > > well. > > > I took this approach last year, needless to say I > am still here. My problem with taking the above > approach is that while EOC helps. CFAI mocks and > samples focus on very specific items which may or > may not be testable. > > This time, I have done all 6 of sch practice > exams, BSAS mock and going to do the Sch mock this > weekend. Making notes of mistakes. > > Also, done all the EOC 2x, all CFAI samples and > mocks and last 3 years exam. Going through the > material for the 3rd time and memorizing lists > right now. > > Hopefully, this is “one last time”. Did you feel you had studied enough last year?

Also, what band did you fall in?

band 8. I thought I was prepared. As for background, I have an MBA (top 5) and have been working in finance (Inv Mgmt) for last 8 years.

Now, you are spooking me out. BUT I think you’ll do well, you appear to have over-prepared (if there is such a thing) so your cushion spread is large!