How are you guys progressing?

I’ve done Ethics, Quant, Econ and will be wrapping up FRA this week. I’m slightly behind schedule since I took a week long vacation but shouldn’t have a problem finishing everything by end of April. It’s my second attempt at Level II so the material isn’t completely new. I’m projecting that Corporate Finance shouldn’t take longer than a week and Equity shouldn’t take longer than two and I’ll probably spend a month doing Fixed Income and nailing out Derivatives.

Done revising (I’m a retaker) FRA, Derivatives, PM, Alternative Investments and Fixed Income i.e. the 3 books.

Plan on completing the rest by early April. And spend the remaining time practicing questions and reviewing

I’m finishing fixed income this weekend and plan to finish the last book from Schweser in March. Will use April and May for review …

I finished the reading of all books also taking notes. Just beginning exercices (both schweser and Eoc), i think ill passed them quick since i have read all the material and kind of get it. (that was my strategy for level 1, read quick before february ends, then practice til death). do you think that is a good study plan or do you have any suggestions?

Form your CFA® study group Don’t go it alone! Team up with like-minded folks and attack the CFA® together. Benefits of a study group are numerous, but here are a few… Read more: http://www.nerdnotesguides.com/form-your-cfa-study-group.html

Do you study the CFAI blue boxes (actually grey boxes now) or only do the EOC?

I just completed Inventories- FRA thorougly.

Guess Im doing too slow frown

Is this a race as to who is the most backward, then I win, Just 1 chapter till now.

Depression dawning on me after reading this post.

Did u just suggest 10-12 hrs: dude how can working people take out this amount of time :frowning:

You also have to remember that most of the people that post on this forum are outliers and probably study way more than the average candidate. I wouldnt sweat it too much. Still over 100 days to go and plenty of time to get through it at least once and save time for review.

be that outlier…:smiley:

Hoping to be done all readings by March 10th.

Then I will practice the EOC questions and read over Elan while making cue cards.

Thats how I passed Level 1.

I read about 10 pages per hour of the CFAI text book.

This is my exact strategy as well

Thanks dude! it makes me feel better that I am not the only one far behind

But I don’t understand, how do these people get so much time to read so much… its just been one month… unless they are fulltime studying…

Its not like L2 is easier than L1.

But anyway, I am planning to be prepared better than L1 so lets try to catch up with these guys!

I have read through Ethics, Quant (except Time Series), Econ and FRA until now. I have just done the concept checkers at the back of each chapter and am finding it hard to retain all the material as i move along.

I am planning to jump to Fixed Income and Derivatives next as I am weaker in those areas compared to Corp Fin and Equity.

I have read through Ethics, Quant (except Time Series), Econ and FRA until now. I have just done the concept checkers at the back of each chapter and am finding it hard to retain all the material as i move along.

I am planning to jump to Fixed Income and Derivatives next as I am weaker in those areas compared to Corp Fin and Equity.