How are you spending your free time now?

Gym Novels Watching Mad Men/Dexter Waiting for the World Cup

pumping up, pumping iron.

Book 0

working hard, looking for a new job which wiil allow me gym, weekends and time to prepare for 3rd time level II attempt.

• Books (already read “The Road” and am halfway through "A Demon of Our Own Design: Markets, Hedge Funds, and the Perils of Financial Innovation ") - Scotch + Whiskey (had JW Blue Label for the first time after the exam + bought a bottle of Jameson 18yr ) - Wife (…)

a big bloody red steak and a bottle of wine followed by about five Macallan’s followed up the exam! now that i’ll have well over 25 hours a week of time that i didn’t before, i’m going to watch a lot of tv, train for some triathlons, play a lot of golf, and drink a lot more. the timing of this exam to end right as summer is starting is perfect! if i had to study all summer, i’d want to kill myself. brutal chicago winters are very condusive to staying in to study. now it’s time to blow the doors off!

Baa. I lost a whole beautiful Sydney summer doing L2! =(

interested in the people studying the CAIA… i’m hoping to do that as well, but never even considered doing it simultaneously with the CFA

I run no less then 5km every day now. Cuz I just graduated and virtually have nothing to do waiting for the start of my grad program at the job in July. Feel so damn lost. Feel like I’m not completely myself anymore. The level took a piece of my soul.

BigTicket Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > interested in the people studying the CAIA… > > i’m hoping to do that as well, but never even > considered doing it simultaneously with the CFA I think it was a mistake for me to take CAIA L2 and finish it in March, burn myself out for CFA L2 this June. Should have moved it to Sept but was stubborn. Well as least I got the designation before they made more demanding. CAIA L2 pass rate was 56% from 58% last session. Would recommend it. Still not bad now. I will tell you that CAIA was much more enjoyable and relevant to portfolio managers dealing with hedge funds/private equity and such than the CFA L2, which is tons of accounting and formulas. Considering going to law school so will need to take the LSAT, which would be a good change in thinking pattern. Got an Advancing Justice Conference in D.C. pretty soon to prep for. Helping a friend start a non-profit to do advocacy work, need to raise 100k in donations/sponsorships. Been booking lunch with friends/industry peeps I’ve neglected to keep the network caught up. I’m sure my golf game is horrible right now. My husky son is mad at me for being a No-Good mama.

1.Face book 2.Exercise 3. Sleep 4. Job

Snortin Whiskey, Drinking Cocaine!

I am tyring to reconnect with friends but i feel removed, dont know how to fit in anymore. This exam is now joke, it can destroy your character and turn you into a studying machine or a loner. hopefully this is only temporary, maybe after level 3 things will be back to normal.

I bought three books, going to get my reading on, all Finance-related, I got: More Money Than God, Too Big To Fail and The Intelligent Investor (by Graham). You let me know what you think of my choices

Your choices are solid, especially Graham. I also recommend: -Moneyball (especially with all this baseball weather) -The art of strategy (game theory book, very interesting) -Nudge (behavioral science/choice architecture book) There are dozens of others I like in these veins, but I’m pretty poor at remembering them when I’m not staring at my bookshelf.

beyiyi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I bought three books, going to get my reading on, > all Finance-related, I got: > More Money Than God, Too Big To Fail and The > Intelligent Investor (by Graham). > You let me know what you think of my choices Of the three I have only read Too Big to Fail, which I thought was very good. I read a lot of history and business books. A few other business books that fit nicely with Too Big to Fail’s tale and help explain or document Wall Street’s rise over the past 30 years include: (period covered) Liar’s Poker - Lewis (1980s) - securitization, Salomon Den of Thieves - Stewart (1980s) - investment banking, insider trading When Genius Failed - Lowenstein (1990s) - hedge fund, leverage The Big Short - Lewis (1990s-2000s) - securitization, derivatives A Demon of Our Own Design - Bookstaber (1980s-2000s) - risk management 13 Bankers - Johnson (1980s-2000s) - deregulation House of Cards - Cohen (~50% 1980s-2000s) - rise and fall of Bear Strearns

Predator’s Ball (Michael Milken Saga) Monkey Business (Funny ibanker auto) The Greatest Trade Ever (About Paulson & Co) Quants (Haven’t read it but I’ve heard it’s pretty decent, about the propeller heads on w st) I have another 20 books on my shelf I have been meaning to read over the last year. Just buy all of Michael Lewis’ books, they’re all fantastic: Liar’s Poker, The Blind Side, The New New Thing, Money Culture, Moneyball, The Big Short. Great Stuff

lots and lots of sarging

World Cup. FORZA ITALIA … and CAIA Level 1

Playing guitar, working, spending time with the wife