How are you spending your free time now?

Reading “The Big Short” by Michael Lewis Non business - Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez (have been meaning to read this since early college and never got around to it) Anyone ever read Bonfire of the Vanities by Tom Wolfe? Also started P90X a few days after the test, plyometrics is a killer Want to do more volunteering Toastmasters Reconnect with old friends

abbas1440 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Anyone ever read Bonfire of the Vanities by Tom > Wolfe? > It’s great. Often referenced as a fictional sister book to “Liar’s Poker”. I just finished reading it for fun about a month ago, throughly enjoyed it.

supersadface Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > abbas1440 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > Anyone ever read Bonfire of the Vanities by Tom > > Wolfe? > > > > It’s great. Often referenced as a fictional > sister book to “Liar’s Poker”. I just finished > reading it for fun about a month ago, throughly > enjoyed it. Bonfire is on my summer reading list. Another fiction book I read (this one quasi-business) was American Psycho. I had never seen the movie. It was interesting in that it highlights the obsession of some people with wealth and superiority, which ultimately means a disconect with reality. The last third of the book nearly had me puking. From talking to those who only saw the movie the book was much more graphic.

learning how to write an equity research report :slight_smile: i am 27 and in software. not time to rest folks !

All the studying makes you really appreciate all the usual things in life that you love to do after the exam is over :slight_smile: I went to the sea with my family for a weak. Now I catch up with work a little :slight_smile: I watch movies in the evenings and plan to read some books just for fun.

Watching a lot of Movies…

meazza Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > World Cup. > > FORZA ITALIA > > … > > and CAIA Level 1 I support France. So far, sucks to be either of us, haha. Watching the World Cup, helping my brother with some landscaping, running, and reading.

Planning trips! Bali in july and august Hk and japan in september Kl in november Singapore in december Reading barbarians at the gate and some accounting book Running! I’m so freaking out of shape Shopping! My wardrobe is so outdated Dentist, facial, hair mask, obgyn trips! My whole body need treatment! Trying to reconnect with friends. It’s so right. So many damaged friendship cos of CFA! I lost so many contacts! After having test-a-thon Cfa level 1, frm, cfa level 2! Aargh

financefreakwannabe: How did you find the FRm compared to CFAL2 in difficulty?

1. world cup 2. finish work 3. move to boston 4. summer school

Now, I got time to spend with my family, went to beach, jogging, applying job etc., Yesterday, we went to watch movie (Toystory 3). Though I’ve more time to spend in other activities, I feel something is missing (in my life) these days i.e., learning.

@tdotj Seriously I don’t recommend anybody taking FRM. Unless u are aiming to be in risk management department. It really helped me giving a basic understanding of BASEL 2 and give a picture of the risk management evolvement and future As for the curriculum, it’s badly designed compared to CFA. The test proctor doesn’t even speak good english The test facility was crap. The toilet was very traditional. I literally can’t pee during the exam day cos it has no toilet paper!!. CFA level2 is harder then FRM. I would say FRM difficulty is between level 1 and 2.

Getting married next week, them 2 week honeymoon! Exam timing worked out fine… gave me a couple weeks to prep for wedding and a couple weeks to recover from my Bachelor party… hehe

Speaking of Books, I recommend - Traders, Guns and Money by Satyajit Das. It’s hilarious… http://www.amazon.com/Traders-Guns-Money-unknowns-derivatives/dp/0273704745/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1277391972&sr=8-1

Signed up for TOEFL 10 July.

living in south africa postponed the effects of the post cfa-exam blues with the world cup being hosted here. now im wondering what im going to be doing after today’s final. 1. back running 2. fifa 10 ps3 then before it’s too long, 4 wks i think: 3. read an email from the CFAI

1. Had a nice vacation with wife & son

2. playing with my son at home

3. Drink

4. My work that is non finance related :slight_smile:

• Spending time with family & friends (with trips to New Orleans, Miami, Orlando, Vegas, and Hawaii planned)

• Taking pole dance classes (more difficult than it looks)

• Catching up on TV shows (binged on BrBa, Mad Men, and Black is the New Orange)

• Playing GTA V (I’m a shitty driver…)

• Taking classes on China, and Philosophy on EDX (we’ll see how this goes)

• Dreading studying for L2 again (/sad face)

• did an Ironman

• camping, hiking, relaxing

• actually spending time with my husband!

• getting ready to start the level 2 grind!

Mainly just been drinking a bunch and hitting up sunday funday at the pool with the squad.

And driving my bentley around screaming at hot chicks.