How are your mock scores?

I completed the 2013 CFAI AM session and 2015 Mock PM exam, today all timed. Scored 74% avg

2013 AM: 66% (ran out of time, 12pts left on table)

2015 PM: 83%

63% in 2009 CFA PM mock

Hey Vicky where are you getting the afternoon MCQ from?? I could only get the past AM papers!

Re: PM mocks

This may be a silly question, but is everyone talking about Schweser PM mocks, v.v. CFAI PM mocks?

Are there CFAI PM mocks that are accessible?

Thanks

People are talking about CFA PM Mocks.

Even I am not able to find them. Guys could you please tell where I can find the PM Mocks??

For people looking for the CFA PM Mocks Google: 1999 - 2014 essay mock sample cfa level 3

It should be on the first page somewhere. Would post the link but not sure whether it violates AF rules.

A question for the masses; is the CFAI mock for 2015 just as excruciatingly difficult as compared to the schweser mocks?

I remember the CFA mock for level 2 plunging me from 75% in schweser to 58%. Also, what about the older CFA mocks in general as compared to schweser. How would you rank them in difficulty?

I did the CFA AM exam for 2010 and it wasn’t as difficult as the ones schweser has IMO.

I’ve taken 7 full mocks so far. CFAI 2011-2014 and Schweser (2014) Book 1, Tests 1-3. I’ve averaged 73% on the AM portions and 78% on the PM portions.

I’m a retaker (Band 10 last year) and I never scored higher than 68% on AM tests or 72% on PM tests last year. I’m feeling much more confident this year. Just feel like I understand the material much better than I did last year.

Good luck, all!

Just took the 2015 CFAI AM mock, got 45 out of 60. Started at 3pm, quick break in the middle to run and grab a drink and then just wrapped up. So in total it took about 90 minutes. GIPS was the worst.

Up to this point I’ve mostly concentrated on the old AM exams, going back 5-10 years one study session at a time, and BBs. I think my game plan will be to keep hitting the old AM stuff hard, do the 2015 PM multiple choice item sets and then if I need more multiple choice stuff maybe run through the online CFAI practice assessments again.

getting 70% on everything… peeingm y pants.

In attempt to try to boost my confidence, did you take those CFAI mocks last year?

Thanks

I did the three 2014 multiple choice CFA mocks today. (what a terrible way to spend a Sunday)

The one that starts with Jacaranda: 71%

Tang: 82% (no GIPS in this mock)

Litman: 71%

Some of the ethics questions I think were BS but whatever. GIPS, sucks, too. CFAI shouldn’t test GIPS – probably three of six questions are going to be pure guesses for most candidates, and given how close pass vs. fail is at Level III, that’s a lot of randomness. This exam is given once a year…to lose a year studying this b/c you randomly guessed wrong on two GIPS questions is a total kick in the nuts.

One or two GIPS questions tucked away in the two Ethics item sets? OK, sure. An entire item set? Child, please.

Guess I have to hit the books on GIPS.

Schweser volume 2 mock 2 am 72 pm 76

Yeah I did. I averaged more like 62% on AM tests last year, and 65% on PM tests.

Don’t let other people’s scores on here freak you out. There’s definitely a reporting bias on the AF community at every level. I remember freaking out on L1 and L2 because people were claiming to score above 80% consistently. I don’t think I have ever scored above 80%.

Still a lot of study time left to improve test taking abilities and clean up rough topics. I took my first AM practice test (Schweser Book 1 Test 1) last year 6 weeks before the exam and I scored 52%. My last practice test last year was CFAI 2012 and I scored 64%. I think a 2% improvement per week is a reasonable expectation if you’re putting in the time.

[quote=“GoBigRed”]

Yeah I did. I averaged more like 62% on AM tests last year, and 65% on PM tests.

Don’t let other people’s scores on here freak you out. There’s definitely a reporting bias on the AF community at every level. I remember freaking out on L1 and L2 because people were claiming to score above 80% consistently. I don’t think I have ever scored above 80%.

Thats a good point that I seem to forgot sometimes. If you don’t mind me asking, where you band 10 last year?

[quote=“Buffettology88”]

Thats a good point that I seem to forgot sometimes. If you don’t mind me asking, where you band 10 last year?

LOL. Sorry about all the posts. Tried to delete a duplicate and that was the result…back to studying.

And never mind, I just saw it in the post. Thanks.

[quote=“Buffettology88”]

[quote=“GoBigRed”]

scored 70% in scewser mock exam 1 mcq in book 1 devil

62% Schweser 1 AM

72% Schweser 1 PM

86% CFA 2014 actual AM

85% in CFA 2015 mock

76% in Schweser Vol 2 exam 3 am

75% in Schweser Vol 2 exam 3 pm